What secretly annoys you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Folk at work who decide that through a doorway or across a stairwell is an appropriate place to have a conversation.

The mungbeans who crowd around the door of the Metro, making it impossible to get off the train.

People who get a receipt to check their balance at an ATM before withdrawing money.

Peter from Thursday 5-a-side. A man utterly incapable of playing a simple pass, preferring the Hollywood ball which rarely comes off.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
.....and on the subject of MOTD, commentators who pronounce the names of players as they think they would be pronounced in their homeland....Boateng is BOAT ENG, not Bwatteng.

I remember Jan Molby being called Molboo, Glenn Hysen being mistaken for Saddam's brother and called Hussain, and why do they call anyone named Dave, Davvid, and the worst of the lot is most recently when some commentator calls Santi Cazorla, CATHORLA, does my swede in good style!!!

Ganymede

Veteran
.....and on the subject of MOTD, commentators who pronounce the names of players as they think they would be pronounced in their homeland....Boateng is BOAT ENG, not Bwatteng.

I remember Jan Molby being called Molboo, Glenn Hysen being mistaken for Saddam's brother and called Hussain, and why do they call anyone named Dave, Davvid, and the worst of the lot is most recently when some commentator calls Santi Cazorla, CATHORLA, does my swede in good style!!!
Conversely I always enjoy the bloke on the cycling commentary whose French is so good, can't think of his name, he pronounces all the furrin names with real relish. And whatsisname* on the rugby, you can tell there are some names he just LOVES saying, and he says them as often as possible. He used to be particularly fond of Didier Camberabero, whom he always named in full, and Ieuan Evans.
EDIT: Eddie Butler!

Soz just said a thing I like instead of an annoyance.

Annoyance: people who leave some of their tea in the cup. DRINK IT!!!!!

Last edited:
Sally Traffic on Radio 2 saying "bin" when she means "been", as in "the broken down car on the M4 has bin cleared".

Whenever she comes on I don't listen to the report I just count the "bins". Three is the record in one report.

stephec

Legendary Member
Now you all need to learn to relax a bit more, all that rage is no good for your health.
Cadbury__s_Caramel_Bunny_by_AnimationFanatic.pngt

Cadbury__s_Caramel_Bunny_by_AnimationFanatic.png

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Sally Traffic on Radio 2 saying "bin" when she means "been", as in "the broken down car on the M4 has bin cleared".

Whenever she comes on I don't listen to the report I just count the "bins". Three is the record in one report.
It gives a whole new meaning to trash-talking.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Supermarkets that send me coupons for 25p off bakers soft bread and don't sell bakers soft bread :evil:

The toilet lid being left up after (mostly female) use.

Lights being left on in rooms when no one's in them, especially in the summer with long, light evenings.

Cutlery/crockery and other kitchen stuff not in the their right place.

Noisy, misbehaving kids, with their parents doing nothing to control them.

People having a final drag on a fag before getting on a bus/train and blowing their smoke inside.

there's more, oh yes indeedy.

Top Bottom