What shockers would they find if they raided your house?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Mainly fluff, black cotton bits that fall off my socks (memo to self: buy socks that match the carpet), some year-old dried herb bottles in the kitchen I never use but sounded great when I bought them, basket full of whiffy cycling washing & my ever-expanding collection of broken electrical goods (Karcher jet wash recently died....bu***er :cursing:). My Pink Floyd collection, amassed over many years, is protected by a level 10 force field, very handy, I nicked it from Starfleet Command. They'd better not go in the shed....Dave the spider lives in there:okay:.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
As they'd enter my flat they would have a dog stroller (pram) to climb past (I live in an upstairs flat), two bikes and a bag of junk I took out my ex car when I sold it last year. At the top of the stairs they would see many pairs of shoes and tins of food, bottles of beer and books from charity shops. Then the hordes of clothes would hit them! All neatly hung up, not strewn all over, but there would be a lot!! There's also a hat stand that has many, many hats, scarves, ties, cravats etc on it. So many in fact that I have to lean it against the wall to stop it toppling over! A workman from the housing association came round the other week. I had to laugh, though he didn't as he was a bit of a misery. He went back out to his van to get something, then when he appeared again in my living room he had a tie and a silk scarf hanging off his shoulder/back after he must've got too close to my hat stand. :giggle:

Last edited:

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Dust...........I'm not very house proud! :laugh:

1688649496991.png

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Here be often found bikes, bike bits, tools and...

... dust, cobwebs etc.

I am more interested in riding and maintaining my bikes than living in a show home so I concentrate on the former and do the minimum amount of housework possible. (Being a lonesome singleton makes that possible. I discovered long ago that many other people do not share my views but they can stay away if it bothers them that much! :laugh:)

My sister is my landlady. When she bought this property she planned to spend a lot of money "getting it nice" for me to move into, redecorating, new carpets and so on. I persuaded her not to bother. I like being able to lean my bikes against walls, wheel them through the house after a mucky ride, and work on them, without having to worry about messing the place up.

The house can be prettied up for the next tenant after me! :okay:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
They just need to not open the bedside cabinet drawers...

Nothing untoward in the rest of the house though.

1688652066430.png

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
We have two dogs and two grandchildren staying over the weekend, so if somebody turns up, they will think we have just been burgled.

That reminds me of when I lived in New York and we were burgled. My meticulously neat flat-mate lost a number of things. They took one look inside my room and didn't bother.

Although the buggers did take a container of potato salad belonging to me out of the fridge and ate half of it.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Here be often found bikes, bike bits, tools and...

... dust, cobwebs etc.
A lady friend of many decades ago lived with her parents in quite a big house in Colne Lancashire. Her dad was an eccentric retired dentist. I'll never forget the first time I went to the house and into the Victorian type kitchen. Not only did the dad have about 30 catering sized tins of dried vegetable soup stacked up against a wall, he also had a 1960's looking motorbike in there, with bits and pieces off it strewn around the kitchen.:smile:

Top Bottom