What should I do?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Kins

Kins

Über Member
Well after a lot of picture and emails swapping he is contacting the courier, and if not any joy from them says he will give me the money to buy a new one. :thumbsup:

Can't find any single rings for a triple front that are the same 52T and BCD.

boydj

Legendary Member
While the dispute is ongoing, I'd try taking a file to the damaged ring to take off the bits sticking out sideways. The ring may well be useable with a few slightly flattened teeth. Can't hurt to try.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Well after a lot of picture and emails swapping he is contacting the courier, and if not any joy from them says he will give me the money to buy a new one. :thumbsup:

Can't find any single rings for a triple front that are the same 52T and BCD.

I would ask for the money now, it is of no consequence to you what the courier comes back with, they would pay out to him, not you. So it matters not, he ought to pay up now then recover his costs later.

OP
OP
Kins

Kins

Über Member
IF he pays up, do you think its worth swapping to something that isn't Truative Powersplined and buy a new chainset and BB? Everything else is Tiagra. I can get a Sora 9 speed triple and BB for about £100?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
IF he pays up, do you think its worth swapping to something that isn't Truative Powersplined and buy a new chainset and BB? Everything else is Tiagra. I can get a Sora 9 speed triple and BB for about £100?

Trouble is you won't get your money back come sale time.

Psycolist

NINJA BYKALIST
You have already invested £300 on a bike that has problems, is it worth even more outlay. Will you be happy with it once sorted ? It may have been a absolute snip and worth the extra expense, or you may have already paid out what its actually worth. But in your position, I think I would be scowering fleabay for a 2nd hand Tiagra chainset.

OP
OP
Kins

Kins

Über Member
Trouble is you won't get your money back come sale time.

Won't worry about that as this is it for an "expensive" road bike, so it will get upgraded as things wear out. Citilink are apparently going to pay. So good news that way but bloke won't pay me till they do.

I can get a Shimano Sora triple for £22 in the sale at Rose (if they come back in stock) and a Tiagra bb for it for £7 and the tool to fit it for about £12 which is still under what it would cost me to replace the old one with a new BB or I could bite the bullet and pay about £25 on top for a new Tiagra triple set.

Peddlar

Spinning Addict!
He should pay you now, the onus is on him to provide you with a working bike. The dispute for damage is between the seller and his courier, if he fails to do that it's time toescalate to eBay/PayPal, who will find in your favour. It can sometimes take weeks to reolve these disputes, not really your fault.

Be persuasive and ask him to settle it now, you've kept your side of the deal...

Top Bottom