What should I wear under my longs?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Danny

Legendary Member
Recently bought a new pair of longs for the winter which, unlike my old pair, don't have a pad.

Should I just wear cycling shorts underneath or should I think about investing in some padded undershorts like these?

potsy

Rambler
I have a couple of pairs of the Endura light ones they're pretty good,also have some dhb ones from wiggle which are cheaper but just as good if not better and they come in black which i prefer.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
i just wear my normal shorts underneath. Often on the way home it's not cold enough to wear tights, so just stick with the shorts ;)

andrew_s

Legendary Member
Once it's properly cold and I won't want to take the longs off, I get extra use out of old shorts that have started to go transparent or have holes in embarassing places.

for longer rides I wear undershorts and over the tights wear the padded shorts but normally when I have my tights on i just stick my padded shorts over them

OP
OP
Danny

Danny

Legendary Member
Mista Preston said:
for longer rides I wear undershorts and over the tights wear the padded shorts but normally when I have my tights on i just stick my padded shorts over them
So you cycle with two pads? :tongue:

8kphil

just got myself some nike acg longs,there a bit revealing!:biggrin: what can i do?

jimboalee

Danny said:
So you cycle with two pads? :biggrin:

Yup.

I wear my Lusso ProGel shorts whatever.

I have Tudor Longs with their own pad ( double thickness seat ).

When I wear both, I can hardly feel the saddle.

On 200 and 300 Randos, I might wear two pairs of shorts for more comfort.

andrew_s said:
Once it's properly cold and I won't want to take the longs off, I get extra use out of old shorts that have started to go transparent or have holes in embarassing places.

+1

... and the added bonus is that you get to buy new shorts for the spring and summer!

D

Deleted member 1258

I have a pair of Biksters I use in winter, if its really cold I wear long johns underneath them, if not i just use boxer shorts.

Virtual DBP

i bought a pair of aldi's running longs which look the part and appear good quality. decided to wear a pair of cycling shorts over them (as it looked better)... however half way in wish i had noticed the seam and put the shorts on underneath!

Top Bottom