What time do you set off?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mile195

Veteran
wow,wow wow:bravo:
Thanks! It's a no-brainer though really. a travelcard for the public transport network in london is about £2000 a year. On those dark February mornings, where I can't feel my fingers, and I can see my own breath, it's the thought that I'm saving myself the cost of a holiday to Australia that keeps the pedals turning!

Col5632

Guru
Usually leave around 08:20 for a 09:00 start but i only do 5 miles :laugh:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
7.30am for a 9am start. 20 miles on the commute in.
For the return any time from 5.30pm to 6.00pm so I can get home for 6.30/6.45pm. 15 miles for the commute back.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I don't get to bike commute any more as I either work from home or I'm spending the day too far away to cycle and fit in any work. I'll pop out for a spin today though as I'm at home and the weather is glorious.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Apart from the obvious '10 minutes too late!' I have to be at work for 7am or 7pm depending on shift. it is 10-11 miles so this means 6.10-6.15 if going by car, 5.45-5.50 by bike and 5.25-5.30 if going the off-road route by MTB.

I have to admit, the fact I was going to work at 5.30am yesterday on a Sunday morning for a 12hr shift just faded into irrelevance as I stepped out into the beautiful morning sunshine with my MTB and a small waist pack containing a few essentials and sandwiches.....:becool:

subaqua

What’s the point
It used to be leave at 06.00 and arrive in at 06.30 and leave at 17.00 and be home for 17.30 but got whined at by management I WASN'T working long enough so I now leave at 07.15 for 07.45 changed and start at 08.00 and leave at 18.00 for 18.30 home .

Yes thats right I do less hours and I am now apparently working more . mental I tell ya.

Mile195

Veteran
My commute door to door is just over 12 miles each way.
That's not enough for me. :thumbsup:
Come rain or shine it's 20/15.

That's devotion! Mine is 20/20 because it has to be. That's fine and enjoyable when it's like this, but those miserable winter mornings, I'd be more than happy with 12!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
That's devotion! Mine is 20/20 because it has to be. That's fine and enjoyable when it's like this, but those miserable winter mornings, I'd be more than happy with 12!

It's not devotion. It's enjoyable.
To be honest there have been times when it's been tipping it down and I am thinking to myself, why not just go straight to work/home. But I'm wet anyway so just carry on.

Gez73

Veteran
I give myself 1 hour ten mins. for a 40 minute journey just in case of a technical issue! I start at either 6.00am or 7.00am for a 14.00 or 15.00 finish. Nice and quiet on way in but the school run hinders my progress somewhat with no less then three crossing guards to contend with on way home not to mention the never-ending stream of people carriers carrying only one person as a passenger! They usually turn off down cul-de-sacs near the school anyway! Off this week so not able to enjoy the weather- on the commute at least.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom