What time do you set off?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kookas

Über Member
It started out as 7:30 to get there for 8:30, but I honed it down to 7:55 over time as I realised it only takes 30 minutes to get there. No room for error!

07:30 in the summer for an 08:00 start, and 07:15 in the snow.

Home for 16:20 - 17:00

sheffgirl

I generally set off at between 7.00am and 7.15am. I don't start work until 8am and its only 3 miles, but I've found if I leave it until 7.30am there are a lot more cars on the road, and I like to get in early anyway. I'm getting used to filtering now, but I always seem to get stuck behind a bus or a wide vehicle that it simply is not safe to pass. I've been a bit lazy for the past week and I've really noticed my journey time increasing.

Pier

Normally between 6.50 and 7am for an 8am start. It normally takes not more than 20 minutes to go to work but I like to take my time under the shower and having breakfast.

Currently working a 'normal' 5 day week 9am til 5pm for the first time in 28 years!

Leave home at 7.15am for an 18 mile commute. Leaves me plenty time for a shower and a coffee before I start.

MickeyBlueEyes

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.
Start time is 07:45am, earliest i'll leave is 05:50 for the 32 mile country lane trip, latest is 06:30 for the busier road 20 miler, both giving me enough time for a freshen up when I get there.

Finishing times and distances home vary so much i'd be typing all night to cover every option.

Steve Saunders

I start at 9am, but aim to be in work for 8am. I leave between 6:30 and 6:50am, which allows me sufficient time to cover the 20 mile commute (takes between 57 mins and 1hr 6min depending on the wind). Aiming to get in to work this early also gives me the option to extend the route by a few miles if the mood takes me. It also give me plenty of time to get cleaned up and changed, have some breakfast, read the news and fettle the bike if it needs it.

Takes a little longer in the winter on the hybrid with Marathon Winters, but still leave at same time, just take the direct route.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Working shifts with a varying start time means I dont have a set off time. This week i'm on early shifts with start times between 05.30 & 10.30 :blush: Its 16 miles in & normally takes just under the hour mark, so I like to give myself 1hr 30mins to allow for any mechanical issues & a shower at work

subaqua

What’s the point
was in Early today. forgot how quiet London can be at 5am. was great - hardly another vehicle on the road.

beatlejuice

Gently does it...
My start time are different every day. I set off 30 mins before hand on a 2 mile commute. This allow me to deal with most unplanned mechanical incidents; have a coffee before starting or better cope when things goes tits up at work.

stevey

Guru
09.20 am start at 10am roads fairly quiet and being as its a short journey 5 miles each way i tend to take it easy there and enjoy the sun at the moment :sun:

jessculter

Depending which shift I'm working.

Just short of 11 mile commute each way. Leave at 07:30 for 08:45 start, leave work 15:15 to get home around 16:15. On a late shift leave home at 13:15 to get in for 14:00 and leave work at 22:15 to get home around 23:15.

Takes me slightly longer coming home due to climb.

My work has shower facilities which is helpful.

Nice commute as I don't spend too much time in traffic. I cut through a golf course then cycle along a disused railway. My main threats are swallowing flies and hitting bats on my way home. Can be quite spooky on the railway line in the dark but it makes me cycle faster sometimes.

Top Bottom