What time do you set off?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J.Primus

Sorry typo I'm braindead again but it felt that long :blush:

Given you managed to reply to my post before I edited it, the irony of my making a joke about a typo is rather delicious isnt' it!

Sara_H

Guru
I leave about 845, I start when I get there, usually about 915ish by the time I've locked the bike up and had a lick and a promise.

Sometimes I'm a bit later, I often meet one of my old ICU colleagues on their way home for a night shift, would be rude not to stop and put the world to rights for ten minutes or so!

Frood42

I know where my towel is
Work is only 4 miles from home, but that is far too short.

So I leave at 06:30 for the 22 mile commute, aim to be at work for 08:20 so that I have time to lock the bike up and get a nice shower (ready for a 09:00 start).

Evenings vary depending on whether I am going for 4 miles, 20 miles or 30+ miles.

theMec

Regular
Set off just after 7am for 20 mile commute and am usually at my desk for 9am after a shower. If i get the 7.20 bus i'm usually at my desk for 8:30 but half asleep and feeling rubbish.

Nocode

Leave home at 06:30-ish and into work, showered and at my desk just after 07:30. Tend to leave work any where between 17:00 and 18:30 depending what is happening and how busy I am. Just over 13 miles each way and getting back into doing that 3 times per week so I can swim/run on the other days.

tmesis

If my partner's shifts allow it, I leave at 5:40 for 7 - 7:15 start 24 miles away. In the afternoon I leave at 3ish and do 25-45 miles depending on both the weather and if I have to pick the little smasher up from nursery. It's usually between 2 and 3 times a week.

mangid

Guru
5:20 work by ~7:40, 40 miles, home varies a lot more, as does the distance, anywhere from 2.5 to 40 depending on time available.

Ricki

Regular
Leave home at 5;30am for early shift and 1:30pm for late shift.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
It entirely depends what hours I am doing. My contracted hours are 11-5 on a Saturday or 10.30 - 4.30 on a Sunday. Normally I set off about an hour ahead of them as the commute takes a little over half an hour and I need time to get changed.
I also work 9.30-5.30 on the odd day in the week. Once again, I set off about an hour before.

When commuting to college, I normally set off at about 7.30 to get there for 9. This is because the journey is about 1hr and 15 mins.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
When a bunch of us go out for a ride, it's usually meet up at 11:00 as one of the chaps can't get out of bed in the morning!! If I'm out on my own, anytime that suits me

Top Bottom