What time tomorrow?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Late one this year as we have a crown rather than the usual massive turkey so I didn't need to start cooking it till 8. First brandy has been had, now waiting for guests to arrive at 12. Presents don't get opened till 3ish which is a struggle for me.

vickster

Legendary Member
We did presents with the rest of the family last night

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
5:30am, downstairs for a cup of tea and a cigarette then back up to bed. I'm up at that time six days a week throughout the year and wake automatically when I'm off. Finally up about 9:30, breakfast and down the bookies as there's live racing from Kempton on the box.

Bliss.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Just finished most presents, now need to get baby down for a nap so we can tidy up and make room for her big present. She's getting a jumperoo!

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
When our kids were young, we used to ask Santa to leave a pressy by their beds that they could open and play with for a while.
It gave MrsPete and I a bit longer to sleep before the main presents were attacked.

Julia9054

Guru
When our kids were young, we used to ask Santa to leave a pressy by their beds that they could open and play with for a while.
It gave MrsPete and I a bit longer to sleep before the main presents were attacked.
This one can back fire as they get older. Had to kick out a group of 20 year olds all drinking whisky at 2.30am as my 20 year old still likes a stocking on the end of his bed. Which necessitates him actually being in his bed!
Woke him up at 9.30 this morning.

Up at 5.45, as usual.

Out to the garden to retrieve a bowl of dough. Yup!

The garden? By Xmas eve, the fridge is full and the heating on. Only cool place to leave a yeast dough to rise overnight - remove a hanging basket, and hang the bowl in a bag from the hook, safe from marauding foxes.

Turned down the house heating. Half an hour to work the dough into cinnamon rolls; leave in the quickly cooling kitchen to prove again for at least an hour and a half. Into the oven. Only then turn up the heating again ... and (though I say it myself) the most gorgeous Xmas breakfast.

Now a family tradition - dad's special cinnamon rolls; the taste and texture SO much improved by the slow overnight cool rise.

THEY all think I go to all that trouble because they like my buns. THEY don't know I turn the heating so far down for a couple of hours. THEY just snuggle deeper into their duvets, and sleep a little later.

Sound like a real faff? THEY are EVER so appreciative of the "effort" I go to, just to start the day well.

Youngest is twenty. And they still haven't figured - after years and years.

You know better.

It makes for a brilliant hour and a half of early morning ride. Empty roads, just glorious peace. Doesn't really matter how mad the rest of the day gets, I can face it with equanimity.

^_^:bicycle::bicycle::bicycle:^_^^_^:smooch:

Top Bottom