What to do while foot heals?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slow down

Went and had a verucca removed yesterday - didn't expect it to be that deep, and need so many stitches. It's right on the ball of my foot so cycling's a definite no goer for at least three weeks until the stitches come out :-(

I also have to walk on my heel only while it heals (no pun intended) - anyone any suggestions what I can do to maintain/increase fitness/weight while I'm laid up?

domtyler

Über Member
Hand stands?

Frazer

One legged cycling??

In all seriousness, the only thing i can think of is swimming, that wont put any weight on the foot....but then the pools might be a bit funny about you going in with stiches on your foot. That would help keep your weight down and cardio up.

col

Legendary Member
Not good for cardio,but visualisation is good for practicing in your mind.The brain cant tell the difference in reality and what your thinking,so keeps your technique good i believe?

Frazer

col said:
Not good for cardio,but visualisation is good for practicing in your mind.The brain cant tell the difference in reality and what your thinking,so keeps your technique good i believe?

Ive heard this before and im skeptical, i believe your muscles need to be able to adapt to be able to do a certain action rather than it being in your mind. However, there is that urban myth about the japanese POW who visualised playing the perfect round of golf every day for years until he was released, and when he played for the first time after this he shot a 68 or something like that (considering he was on a handicap about 20 shots above this before). But i think its just a myth....

col

Legendary Member
Frazer said:
Ive heard this before and im skeptical, i believe your muscles need to be able to adapt to be able to do a certain action rather than it being in your mind. However, there is that urban myth about the japanese POW who visualised playing the perfect round of golf every day for years until he was released, and when he played for the first time after this he shot a 68 or something like that (considering he was on a handicap about 20 shots above this before). But i think its just a myth....

It doesnt do anything for muscle or breathing,but as just an aid for technique,i can understand your reaction,i was the same some years ago,but when used on a regular basis,it did improve my technique.
And i too have heard the pow story,that might be going a bit far though.:biggrin:

Top Bottom