turbopercy

Obviously there are some differences
Time of ride
Length of ride
But what do people eat before a ride
Especially mornings as thats when i tend to ride

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
porridge/meusli is good as they are slow release and give you sustained energy .
Under 2 hours i would not bother with anything extra on the ride apart from water / no cal tablets in the water .

screenman

Legendary Member
Up to 2 hours first thing, nothing or maybe a natural yoghurt. Not racing anymore and seldom ride more than 3 hours so I do not do energy bars, gels or the such like.

OP
T

turbopercy

And what pace do you ride at on a sub 2 hour
Flat or hilly
Sorry for all the questions just tryin to get myself into a better starting place seen as i am struggling to keep pace with the leader of our group who sets the pace

screenman

Legendary Member
16 to 17mph maybe a tad more, I have been riding over 44 years though. Think about it are you as fit as your ride leader?

cyberknight

And what pace do you ride at on a sub 2 hour
Flat or hilly
Sorry for all the questions just tryin to get myself into a better starting place seen as i am struggling to keep pace with the leader of our group who sets the pace
sub 2 hour would be evens ( 20 mph ) average dependant on route / conditions .

OP
T

turbopercy

Ha only in my first year of riding
And i know i am not as fit as the ride leader seen as he is a 19 min 10m tt man

0lonerider

Veteran
porrige nd sausages bacon egg friedbread nd beans, (great as a sarnie if your in a hurry)2 mugs of coffee.

cyberknight

Ha only in my first year of riding
And i know i am not as fit as the ride leader seen as he is a 19 min 10m tt man
Do they have a slower group or tag along untill you can keep up , this year i started riding with the fast group whp average the above speed for 50-60 miles and i was getting to maybe 10 miles from home before i got dropped after years of riding with the slower group averageing 17 -18 mph over the same distance.
Of course thats all gone tits up in the last few months what with new kitchen, mini ck 1 in hospital and x mas so im back with the medium group next year for a bit .
On a club run that i am struggling to keep up with i would have a good breakfast porridge etc , cake stop and maybe carry nibbles like kellogs elenses or maybe a gel if i start to flag at the end as i got some high 5 race packs cheap and i need to use them up.
ON a medium pace run same breakfast as normal but only the cake stop with no extras.
For sportive rides i would be looking at a nibble every half an hour or so to keep on top of energy levels , so half an energy bat / nibble of choice and keep on top of your hydration .

OP
T

turbopercy

Its just a small group that meets up near me he leads the group he has told me to just stick with it and i can feel the benefits and have noticed the difference already
My disadvantage comes at weight while he is 10 stone wet through i am a rather hefty 15 stone 10 but it is dropping but even still we average 18's on 40 mile rides
I know i need to up my mileage so investing in a set of rollers or turbo so i can do at least an hour everyday before work

OP
T

turbopercy

Am 6 foot a little bit over weight but am built more like a rugby player always got told i would be a good number 8 whatever that means dont even know if thats union or league

Top Bottom