What tours are you planning for next year?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robing

Über Member
It's that time of year when you reflect on your cycling trips you've done this year and start planning for next year. This was my first year of fully loaded cycle touring and I've really got the bug. This year I cycled round Ireland which was fantastic. I also cycled down the Spanish coast from roses but had to cut my trip short at alicante. Next year I am planning to repeat the Spanish trip but continue to Gibraltar and then return inland through Spain and France. I also want to do a Hebridean trip too.

jhawk

Veteran
Across Canada! I've been 'preparing' for the ride for 18 months, since I first got into the whole cycle touring gig in 2013, after a chance meeting with an Englishman at a local municipal campground!

Haven't really thought about what we want to do next year, but my OH really enjoyed this years holiday despite it not being the original plan...
We have however, tentatively proposed a "once a month over night tour" idea for next year. We shall see what happens :whistle:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Jannie and I are kidding ourselves that we are going to do LEJOG in July/August.

I didnt think she was thát interested but she asked me how the planning was going last night. She then said lets forget the tent and do hotels and B&Bs so we dont have to drag all the gear from Denmark.

Jannie has no interest in challenges and would be quite happy to ride from Lands End to Sennen and then pack it it. She just likes to ride somewhere different day after day.

LEJOG may become a reality after all.

Having said that, if we find somewhere nice en route, we may end up packing LEJOG in and staying there. I had better take plenty of maps....and money.

Jannie and I are kidding ourselves that we are going to do LEJOG in July/August.

I didnt think she was thát interested but she asked me how the planning was going last night. She then said lets forget the tent and do hotels and B&Bs so we dont have to drag all the gear from Denmark.

Jannie has no interest in challenges and would be quite happy to ride from Lands End to Sennen and then pack it it. She just likes to ride somewhere different day after day.

LEJOG may become a reality after all.

Having said that, if we find somewhere nice en route, we may end up packing LEJOG in and staying there. I had better take plenty of maps....and money.
Land's End to Sennen?? :laugh::laugh:
I would love to cycle down the hill into Sennen but I'm not sure I'd get back out again. Especially after visiting the pub :smile:

Last year was Iceland and back.

How do you ride back from Iceland (hope you don't mean the shop in your high street)?

How do you ride back from Iceland (hope you don't mean the shop in your high street)?
My full route was Home to Harwich for the ferry to the Hook of Holland.
Then up North Sea cycle route to Hertshals for the ferry to Iceland.
Wander around Iceland for 7 weeks before getting the ferry back to Denmark.
Roughly reverse the route home.
Just over 4,000 miles in around 17 weeks.

Cringles

I'm hoping to do Malin to Mizen next year. Still need to pick a route, mostly hugging the west coast. I've yet to research it fully as I'm planning a few weekend trips away around the North of Ireland at the minute. Completely new to touring. I've only been away for one night so far, first time camping etc. It was good to get the one night experience, just to test out if I even like camping, or what's it like with the weight on the bike. Ok, I'm not quite touring yet, but I've already seen awesome parts of a country I've lived all my life in yet, I've never payed attention to it, as I'm always in a car.

Few Game of Thrones filming locations lined up from February onward I think \o/ Real test now is, can I go 2 days camping :P

As far as Ireland end to end..I've made a note to stop at Father Teds house. So far that's it :P

burndust

Parts unknown...baby
Across Canada! I've been 'preparing' for the ride for 18 months, since I first got into the whole cycle touring gig in 2013, after a chance meeting with an Englishman at a local municipal campground!
Sounds awsome jack....would love to do this

Top Bottom