What tours are you planning for next year?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
I'm toying with the idea of riding from Calais to the med. If that doesn't work out I'll definitely be going to France for a bit of riding at some point.
I fancy doing a quick blast around Norfolk too. Scotlands borders are supposed to be quite nice...and I've always liked Wales.
Damn, there's just not enough time.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
Cyprus Feb March April May
UK June July August sept
Cyprus Oct Nov
Mexico Dec Jan

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I dunno but summink. A few glitches in life have stopped me doing much in the last 2 years but I'd like to get back on track next year. Maybe a week or two hitching up with @MacB if nothing fubars that up.

OP
OP
robing

robing

Über Member
I'm hoping to do Malin to Mizen next year. Still need to pick a route, mostly hugging the west coast. I've yet to research it fully as I'm planning a few weekend trips away around the North of Ireland at the minute. Completely new to touring. I've only been away for one night so far, first time camping etc. It was good to get the one night experience, just to test out if I even like camping, or what's it like with the weight on the bike. Ok, I'm not quite touring yet, but I've already seen awesome parts of a country I've lived all my life in yet, I've never payed attention to it, as I'm always in a car.

Few Game of Thrones filming locations lined up from February onward I think \o/ Real test now is, can I go 2 days camping :P

As far as Ireland end to end..I've made a note to stop at Father Teds house. So far that's it :P

I did Mizen to Malin in the round Ireland tour. I also visited the Father Ted house in deepest county Clare. That day was probably the highlight of the tour!

Since I've got my climbing legs on for now:

1. Gran Fondo Stelvio - Italy

2. Pico Nieves via Maspalomas - Tenerife

3. Pico Nieves via Ingenio, 1940m climb in 26km or so, awesome - Tenerife

4. Jeux Plane - Morzine / Alps / France

5. Morzine to Avoriaz - Alps (faster than last time using a double not a triple!) / France

6. A time trial or two in the UK

:-D

HelenD123

Legendary Member
A group I'm in is trying to organise to do the Hadrians Cycleway. I'm afraid the logistics of getting 10+ people and bikes to the start and finding accommodation en route may scupper the trip though.

I really want to do a week long tour somewhere. Must kick myself up the butt and get something organised.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Hadrians cycleway from Solway to Newcastle then returning via the Reivers; with Mrs Cisamcgu on our new tandem :smile:

Then, maybe depending on how that goes, later in Summer, taking the ferry from Hull to Rotterdam and touring the low countries for a week or three :smile:

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
I think I'm now going to be going to Ireland in March. Looking at catching the ferry to Dublin, and then riding up the east coast and through the Mourne Mountains to Belfast

Top Bottom