What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

petek

Über Member
Wasn't there a MrsP earlier this afternoon? And I'm sure you mentioned a MrsL a while back too. So it's true what they say about Lincolnshire folk then.
Confusing eh.
Senior moment thread for this one ... LOL
Mrs P's called Lesley and our surname starts with K.
Old story..
Little lad on way home from Sunday school says to his sister.
" What was all that about the Holy Trinity, it went right over my head?"
Sister replies.
"Easy innit look at Mummy. Daddy calls her darling, the butcher calls her Mrs Jones and we call her Mummy. But she's always Mummy."

Levo-Lon

Guru
[QUOTE 5011832, member: 9609"]Autumn watch was good, looking forward to tonight's[/QUOTE]

Bee Eaters..ive never seen them in my lifetime.
Beautiful birds

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Star Trek : Entertaining, excellent production, but by God the Klingon bits are tedious !!!
Yes. So much this. I'm hoping that they become more interesting antagonists, but it's not happening so far. Thankfully, the moral complexities in the Starfleet crew are balancing things up.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Hotel, for me, was like a really long music video. Very cool, but seriously lacking the depth of other series. The stand out episode is the serial killer dinner party, which really was fantastic.
Visually (and aurally, most of the time) it was great, admittedly. Although I did think "I could just watch 'The Neon Demon' again, you know." quite a lot.

Levo-Lon

Guru
[QUOTE 5012472, member: 9609"]Ganges with Sue Perkins (who?) - I was looking forward to this and learning about this iconic river, but it just seemed to be about her and she's about as dull as dishwater. I wanted to explore and learn about the Ganges

I wish travel documentaries would stop focusing on the dam presenters and point the camera towards the landscape, wildlife and people of where ever we are exploring. Simon Reeves recent journey through Russia was a prime example of how they should be done, he took a back seat and Russia was the star of the show.[/QUOTE]

Bake off and other tv, she's ok but not really a naturalist.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Watched the last in the last of Louis Theroux's Dark States this evening. Hard to decide which was the bleakest. Compelling, horrifying and necessary viewing.

J1888

Über Member
Just got into Stranger Things. Great show

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Anyone seen this? We laughed!

20171024_220033.jpg

The Orville

A cross between Galaxy Quest and Star Trek, the critics panned it but I love it. I'm finding it a lot more fun than Discovery which I think has lost it's way in the Star Trek franchise. Too Dark, too far from the ideals that Star Trek has always stood for, crappy acting, morally dodgy, two dimensional tedious Klingons and quite predictable so far.

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
Yes. So much this. I'm hoping that they become more interesting antagonists, but it's not happening so far. Thankfully, the moral complexities in the Starfleet crew are balancing things up.
I don't mind the new look but I am done with the subtitles. It's a barrier to the audience where you have to keep you eyes on the writing at all times or you will get lost. Not one to watch at mealtimes.

I skipped gunpowder, I think I've seen the whole plot* too many times.

*Pun intended

Last edited:

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
The Orville

A cross between Galaxy Quest and Star Trek, the critics panned it but I love it. I'm finding it a lot more fun than Discovery which I think has lost it's way in the Star Trek franchise. Too Dark, too far from the ideals that Star Trek has always stood for, crappy acting, morally dodgy, two dimensional tedious Klingons and quite predictable so far.
I think it's quite good actually. The trailers which portrayed it as a galaxy quest style comedy show were misleading.

I disagree with star trek though,it needed to change,the old format was worn out.

Top Bottom