What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Last night we had half an hour to fill betwixt the Strictly Results show and the still excellent S.W.A.T., so through general inertia left the telly on BBC1 for Still Open All Hours.

Oh my days, this must be the worst show currently on telly. We stopped watching it midway through the last series as it was so shockingly bad, but if anything it's worse than ever.

When you look at the cast it's like some sort of zombie takeover by the dried out husks of some of yesterdays favourite faces.
Yet in a 'we don't care' undercurrent that's even more annoying than the shockingly bad script and terrible performances from some of the cast, is the BBC thinking "Northerners" and filling a back street corner shop in Doncaster with every accent north of Birmingham and thinking no-one will notice that everyone has different accents - even how Arkwrights son, supposedly born and bred in Yorkshire, has a Geordie accent?

Last of the Summer Wine descended into this sort of crap in the last 10 years or so before it was finally put out of it's misery, but it never got this bad.

Perhaps the shop can start selling a popular type of margarine and rename itself I Can't Believe It's Still Open All Hours?

Surely Sir David Jason doesn't need the money? Ronnie Barker must be spinning in his grave.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
"The Cry" BBC 1 Sunday pm

I do not want to say too much and spoil it for others. I think it is very good with strong characters.

We're enjoying this but our collective (all two of us!) view is that the story deserved more than 4 parts as the character development is very hasty and it is hard to empathise with any of the main players.

Also Alistair is a really, unintentionally I'm sure, creepy character - no idea what has prompted this feeling though!

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Last night we had half an hour to fill betwixt the Strictly Results show and the still excellent S.W.A.T., so through general inertia left the telly on BBC1 for Still Open All Hours.

Oh my days, this must be the worst show currently on telly. We stopped watching it midway through the last series as it was so shockingly bad, but if anything it's worse than ever.

When you look at the cast it's like some sort of zombie takeover by the dried out husks of some of yesterdays favourite faces.
Yet in a 'we don't care' undercurrent that's even more annoying than the shockingly bad script and terrible performances from some of the cast, is the BBC thinking "Northerners" and filling a back street corner shop in Doncaster with every accent north of Birmingham and thinking no-one will notice that everyone has different accents - even how Arkwrights son, supposedly born and bred in Yorkshire, has a Geordie accent?

Last of the Summer Wine descended into this sort of crap in the last 10 years or so before it was finally put out of it's misery, but it never got this bad.

Perhaps the shop can start selling a popular type of margarine and rename itself I Can't Believe It's Still Open All Hours?

Surely Sir David Jason doesn't need the money? Ronnie Barker must be spinning in his grave.

Can't think of anything else to add - truly dumb TV at it's dumbest.

Leaway2

Lycrist
Public eye (Talking pictures TV). Frank Marker the ex con trying to reconstruct his life after release from prison. The series appears to have started at the 4th series (unless I have missed the previous).
7/10.

lane

Veteran
I’ve watched the first two episodes of the new Doctor Who. Enjoying it, Jodie Whitaker makes a great Doctor. The adventures continue!

I agree she plays a good part - but so far I have found the storyline in the first two episodes uninspiring. I hope they improve soon or I will give up on the show. Of course the writing team has changes as well as the Doctor.

Levo-Lon

Guru
The haunting of hill house on Netflix is excellent if you like the horror/thriller genre

I was told by step son this is really good fun..

Milzy

Guru
I’m caught up with Peaky Blinders. One of the best series ever made. Can’t wait for the new season next year. Also Game of Thrones next April too.

Adam4868

Guru
I’m caught up with Peaky Blinders. One of the best series ever made. Can’t wait for the new season next year. Also Game of Thrones next April too.
I must be one of the only people too never catch on with Peaky Blinders or Game of Thrones come to think of it !

Top Bottom