What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
I want to watch that the first. It’s about sending people to Mars.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Started watching Black Mirror on Netflix (sorry if mentioned before). It has a very interesting theme running through it, and I like the fact that each episode is a different story and unrelated to the others.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
We've just started watching Carnivale - a beautifully filmed supernatural series set in a travelling carnival (fairground as we'd call it) in the American depression. Three episodes in, and it's really good. Excellent cast, believable (given it's about the supernatural) story, and the typically good script that we've come to expect from HBO. Apparently it gets canned before the story ends, so I accept it'll be the journey rather than the ultimate destination. One of the leading characters is Michael J Anderson, the dwarf from Twin Peaks, who brings a sense of mystery and maybe potential menace too, thought he's a quite sympathetic character.

It is perhaps summed up by the opening speech, delivered by the above character, ".....There was magic then, nobility, and unimaginable cruelty. And so it was until the day that a false sun exploded over Trinity, and man forever traded away wonder for reason." which rather nicely sets up the conceit that magic / supernatural still existed relatively recently, but not no longer features today.

Recommended - with the caveat that I don't yet know if we'll be left high and dry after the two series then cancellation.

just got to the end of series 2 and sadly the end. My above recommendation stands, as there is as reasonable denouement albeit open to continuing the tale - which sadly wasn’t to be. disappointing it stops, but not left high and dry as it kind of concludes

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
just got to the end of series 2 and sadly the end. My above recommendation stands, as there is as reasonable denouement albeit open to continuing the tale - which sadly wasn’t to be. disappointing it stops, but not left high and dry as it kind of concludes

It's a shame it was never finished. I think six seasons were originally planned but it was really expensive to make.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Finished binge watching S1 of The Good Doctor, (Sky Witness / NowTV) which I really enjoyed despite only watching the first episode because Mrs ND wanted to give it a try. It really is very good.
Unfortunately S2 is being drip fed at an episode a week...

Also just seen that the complete back catalogue of Luther is now available on iPlayer (we were late converts), so with a big night out planned for Saturday that could well be Sunday sorted.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I recently finished watching season 3 of Lucifer, and have only one thing to say: whoever authorised the cancellation of the series is an idiot! :angry:

Smudge

Veteran
Whats happened to Ice Road Truckers ?.... should be on CH5 now, but instead we have a repeat of the Tower Of London docu. This was already shown earlier this week.

Top Bottom