What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Started watching "inside no 9" from the beginning on Iplayer. Seen only a couple of the more recent ones, it having passed me by.
It is utterly utterly brilliant - though nearly always uncomfortable viewing: episodes are variously drama, comedy, horror, social comentary; always clever and gripping

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Started watching "inside no 9" from the beginning on Iplayer. Seen only a couple of the more recent ones, it having passed me by.
It is utterly utterly brilliant - though nearly always uncomfortable viewing: episodes are variously drama, comedy, horror, social comentary; always clever and gripping

Brilliant show. The latest episode is genius.

Levo-Lon

Guru

Not seen this, what channel ? iPlayer,you just search? With name ..
What's it about?

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Not seen this, what channel ? iPlayer,you just search? With name ..
What's it about?
It's an anthology series from them that gave us The League of Gentlemen and Psychoville... each episode stands alone. The 'number 9' could be a house, a hotel room, a sleeper carriage, even a shoe. The Prof hits the nail on the head... it's uncomfortable, clever, gripping and mostly brilliant.

Levo-Lon

Guru
It's an anthology series from them that gave us The League of Gentlemen and Psychoville... each episode stands alone. The 'number 9' could be a house, a hotel room, a sleeper carriage, even a shoe. The Prof hits the nail on the head... it's uncomfortable, clever, gripping and mostly brilliant.

Thank you.
I'll look it up

Levo-Lon

Guru
[QUOTE 5433540, member: 9609"]@meta lon finally got the Killing Eve series watch, thanks for the heads up - it was OK 7/10

don't think it needs another series though[/QUOTE]

Probably not but ill be watching :smile: its just different to a lot of so so tv

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
The Nightmare Man (BBC 1981)... four part sci-fi thriller set on a Scottish island yet filmed on the Cornish mainland. I love stuff like this, especially spotting well known actors playing minor roles long before they were household names. In this, the opening shot shows a woman wearing a pink headscarf getting off a boat... and that's it, no lines, no nothing. I'm sure she went on to get some better parts, such as playing Pat Butcher in Eastenders for about 25 years.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
I’ve finished watching ‘Forever’ which ran for one season a couple of years ago. Stars Ioan Gruffudd as a 200-year-old man who can’t die. He works as an coroner with the police and has many Sherlockian skills. Very enjoyable procedural with a fantasy twist. Shame they only made one season before cancelling it, but that’s TV. Judd Hirsch plays his son (who looks 25 years older than his dad).

Top Bottom