What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Finally sat down with 'er indores to try the new Vanity Fair. Meh. Won't be bothering with the rest. Turned to the series of Band of Brothers. Ok, but nothing really in Ep1 to show why IMDB has it at 9.5. Definitely worth sticking with though. Unlike VF.

Levo-Lon

Guru
The Ghan Australia's greatest railway bbc4
Boring train ride across OZ ,so flat and featureless

Doctor Who - "Giant Spiders", a very disappointing episode; not very impressed by this series at all

The clips on tv are bad enough.
The most wooden Dr ever ,cant watch it

Last edited:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
The Ghan Australia's greatest railway bbc4
Boring train ride across OZ ,so flat and featureless

I sat through the Ghan a few months ago... all 16 hours over a few evenings. It's quite staggering just how flat that continent is, or at least that route across it. I'd call it mesmeric rather than boring, but would i sit through it again?

Levo-Lon

Guru
I sat through the Ghan a few months ago... all 16 hours over a few evenings. It's quite staggering just how flat that continent is, or at least that route across it. I'd call it mesmeric rather than boring, but would i sit through it again?

I watched the condensed version ,I don't think I could cope with 16 hrs unless bed bound :laugh:

But yes staggeringly feature less scenery.. population numbers were interesting for some of the stops.

Bloody long train though,27 being pulled by 2 locos

MontyVeda

I watched the condensed version, I don't think I could cope with 16 hrs unless bed bound :laugh:

But yes staggeringly feature less scenery.. population numbers were interesting for some of the stops.

Bloody long train though,27 being pulled by 2 locos
Lots of choice music was involved too, with the TV volume just high enough to have the train noise rumbling in the background. It was certainly an experience.

Adam4868

Guru
I enjoyed the Ghan,i did the other journey across Oz in my late teens(Indian Pacific) I'm pretty sure it's the longest straight railway in the world.Needless to say there was copious alcohol !
Inside no 9 .... genius

MontyVeda

Strangers (with John Simm) was good. Didn't get daft as it climaxed, and i knew that Lord Percy was corrupt right from the start!

Strangers (1978 with Don Henderson) is bloody dire though... the high point was seeing Corrie's Roy Cropper playing a copper.

The Secret Life Of The NHS last night, or about half of it, watch rest this evening

http://www.channel5.com/show/the-secret-life-of/

Just watched Michael Portillos Hidden History Of Britain from last night

It mainly covered the birth/development of Plastic Surgery, at the Cambridge Military Hospital, at Aldershot, with Harold Gillies

Quite fascinating!, I knew bits & pieces, & have seen old textbooks in our (old) Burns Unit, and Medical Library, but it's still a marvel to see

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Halfway through Stink on Netflix.

Just as depressing as Plastic Ocean.

It really shouldn't be possible to introduce new chemicals with zero research, but to have a product banned over 30 years ago on kids clothes for sale today is imo criminal.

Top Bottom