What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
I'm also enjoying the repeats of Enterprise on the horror channel. Actually, although it gets slagged off, Enterprise is a bloody good Trek show. I think it's better second time around.

My fave things about it:

They all mistrust the transporter.
No 'shields up' under attack, that hull plating keeps failing!.
Restricted speed to warp 5.
No prime directive, so ethical/moral dilemmas etc.
Dr Phlox & the running gag about his unseen somewhat viscous 'pets' (he fed a tribble to one!).

References to future Trek ie. one story was set on Ceti Alpha 5, eventually Khan's prison 100 years later, Brent Spiner guesting as Data creator Dr Soong's great grandfather (?) who decided that artificial life forms were the future, odd references to planets that crop up in later Trek, etc.

It's fun watching them lay the lore for later Trek shows. Liked the episode with the Borg, via 'ST First Contact'.

Massive Trek fan & 'Family Guy', 'The Orville' creator Seth McFarlane cameos in one story.

I just bought the DVD/Blu rays of 'ST Discovery' & 'The Orville' to binge watch over Xmas. I must be the only human apart from a bloke living in a cave half way up Mt Everest who doesn't have Netflix^_^.

I love watching Enterprise too. Great plots and all the nicely tied-in references throughout the series.

I tried to watch The Orville and found it contrived and unfunny. The world would be boring if we all liked the same things though.

I love watching Enterprise too. Great plots and all the nicely tied-in references throughout the series.

And, not forgetting the first Vulcan to serve with Star-Fleet...………..

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
And, not forgetting the first Vulcan to serve with Star-Fleet...………..

I also liked the episode where T'Pol's grandmother crashed on Earth & helped a young man pay for his education by patenting the velcro on her uniform^_^.
Vulcans invented velcro?....:laugh:

Admiral Forrest's final line was 'We're not the Klingons' before he was killed in the embassy attack. Appropriate, since the actor Vaughn Armstrong's first role in St was as a klingon.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
I also liked the episode where T'Pol's grandmother crashed on Earth & helped a young man pay for his education by patenting the velcro on her uniform^_^.
Vulcans invented velcro?....:laugh:.

'Carbon Creek'

That was a great episode seeing how the humans affected the Vulcans. One went on a date and T’Pol’s grandmother was concerned for future of the math prodigy son of the waitress/owner.

Yes

And one being nick-named 'Moe'

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBW5QEpaZOE

Last edited:

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Just trying to get my head round Cyrus the Virus and Ron Weasley starring in Poirot...
There will never be a better Hercule Poirot than David Suchet’s. I saw a trailer for Malkovich’s version and was not impressed. Brannagh’s moustache and soul patch were a joke but having a goatee? What were they thinking?

#NoPoirotLikeSuchetsPoirot
[/rant-over]

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Generally underwhelmed by the festive offerings on the telly. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that the standard has never been lower.

Apart from EastEnders which was even more depressing than last time I accidentally watched it.
University Challenge, Only Connect and Upstart Crow specials? Not bad going.

Top Bottom