What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I still don't like morse and Thursdays gaffer....slimy feker

I think they've ruined Endeavour, really struggling with the retard boss

He is too, that's what makes it interesting.

I wish Fred would punch his lights out :boxing:

I just dont know why they think having a totally incompetent corrupt DCI to make Morse look more intelligent and honest was neccesary . Morse is odd, and his old boss is now traffic.. Really.
I started to fall asleep ill watch the other half later.. It needs to improve

He just seems totally incompetent and doesn't investigate properly.

I wasn't too keen on the Apollo one, I re watched it again with mum last night and it all slotted into place!

There was an interview with Shaun Evans a few weeks ago to promote the new series.
In it he said a major part of the series would be discovering how Fred Thursday, his old boss and mentor, who must have played a large part in Morse's development was never mentioned in the "later" Morse programme - he alluded to something the character did (does) in this run, but I guess we'll have to keep watching to find out.

Don't forget his friend, Det Sgt Jim Strange will go on to be his boss in 'Morse'

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
While I was laid up with back problems I watched Dead Set again. Didn't take long to watch and I like most of Charlie Brooker's stuff. Was obviously a message in there about TV viewers being like zombies watching sh1te like Big Brother etc. Was a pretty good zombie mini-series.

I tried watching Brooklyn Nine Nine last night. An American comedy about police detectives. It was ok, just not that funny. A bit like I used to think about Friends, that my ex wife watched all the time..

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
*falls off chair in shock*

Mrs Cisamcgu and I think this is one of the dependably hilarious comedies ever :smile:

Yes I've watched a bit more and its better than Friends. I think it was the smart @rse guy that played the lead role that I found irritating at first. I like the female detective that's really deadpan. Reminds me of a female actor that was in Cheers or Taxi or something years ago. I'll stick with it, I've only watched 2 episodes. The chief is really good too.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Enjoyed Endeavour tonight i see where its going now with the dodgy coppers

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Escape to the Chateau DIY

Dick and Angela Strawbridge showcasing Brits with chateaux around France. Some beautiful buildings, some odd people (but not all). One couple with a fantastic chateau north of Bordeaux offers e-tandem tours which looked interesting - some of the sights were breathtaking.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
The YouTube Original series Impulse... supernatural sci-fi about a woman who keeps teleporting back to her bedroom when she feels threatened... five episodes in so still in the 'whats going on' part of the narrative. Enjoying it so far.

I also enjoyed Edwardian Britain in Colour... I always thought the Victorian and Edwardian eras were in black and white.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
All together now. Yes, I know, we avoided the first series of this purely on the premise of the show. But we watched it last night mainly through inertia and it's not as bad as it sounds. Rob Beckett is genuinely funny and lifts it above being yet another karaoke show.

Mayans MC. Never watched Sons of Anarchy but spotted this spin off on t'iPlayer and gave it a go. Only two episodes in, but already hooked. Well worth a watch.

Top Bottom