What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I started El Chapo about a week ago, but i'm only 2 or 3 episodes in. I found it hard to get into it like i did Narcos and Narcos Mexico, which i enjoyed a lot. So i've wandered off to watching other stuff.
After the subtitles in Narcos, which made the characters more authentic to me, the voice dubbing over in El Chapo made it seem less so. Foreign languages dubbed into English, are always an irritation to me.
I shall return to it at some point to give it another chance.

You can change settings so you can have subtitles.

I'm the same ,so much better with subtitles

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I dug up the BBC series of Oliver Twist from 1985... 13 thirty minute episodes, far more involved than any other tv/movie version. Obviously it's not as much fun as the musical starring Mark Lester and Oliver Reed, but thoroughly engaging.

It got me thinking though... It's supposed to be a scathing critique of the Poor Law, but it's even more scathing in its portrayal of the lower classes... all of them are dirty rotten scoundrels, even the lower middle class characters. It's only the upper class characters who are nice and caring and selfless, including Oliver, despite being brought up in a workhouse. It must be in the blood :whistle:

Smudge

Veteran
Personally I struggled to get into it because I didn't give it enough time after Narcos. They're both excellent, but given the similarities I found it hard to separate them.

I'm having a bit of a drugs cartel fest since getting Netflix.
Having watched Breaking Bad many years ago, i've recently watched El Camino, Better Call Saul, Narcos, Narcos Mexico and now El Chapo.

Reactions: gbb

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
Sigh.... "Hunters" on Amazon. Geez, I don't know what Al Pacino was thinking as he was depositing the cheque....

But I can say, don't bother. It's really a very amateur and cheesy tv series with gratuitous violence that doesn't help the show.

1 star out of 10, just because the first episode did seem promising. After that it really jumped the shark.

Top Bottom