What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
Just started Ozark, seen maybe 5 episodes now, am hooked.

Enjoyed Tiger King way too much, had seen him a few years ago on Louis theroux so had an inkling of what was to come but by God he's gone completely bat shoot crazy now  great stuff.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Final part of The Nest at 9pm. Quite enjoyed it.
"... and they all lived happily ever after." A rather soppy ending for what started of as a thriller.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
I wasn't expecting much from Quiz, as it's an ITV drama and they rarely go well, but I thought it was quite good, though I'm glad they aren't drawing it out over more than 3 nights.

As I lived out of the country at the time the cult of Millionaire sort of passed me by. Was it really like that big of a deal? I appreciate some artistic license will have been taken, but the lengths people were apparently going to seem absolutely wild.

Michael Sheen was more like Chris Tarrant than Chris Tarrant, which was pretty incredible, and I've always liked Matthew Macfayden - an underrated actor IMO.

Quiz:
As I lived out of the country at the time the cult of Millionaire sort of passed me by. Was it really like that big of a deal? I appreciate some artistic license will have been taken, but the lengths people were apparently going to seem absolutely wild.

Michael Sheen was more like Chris Tarrant than Chris Tarrant, which was pretty incredible, and I've always liked Matthew Macfayden - an underrated actor IMO.
Yes, it was a massive deal! (you can google the viewing figures if you like) People had Millionaire desk calendars and the like - a massive franchise!

Don't forget that a million quid was an unprecedented payout at the time, and it's one of very few modern gameshows that I've watched. (not every night mind)

I watched 10 mins of last night's, and it was pretty convincing.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I've dug up yet another ancient relic of children's television; Wreckers at Dead Eye (1970)... overacting a plenty!
Only noticed in episode 2 that this has a pre-Corrie Johnny Briggs in it, better known as Mike Balwin, complete with pirate-esque accent.

The high point so far is a storm scene in which the lashing rain is clearly coming from a hose pipe just out of shot :laugh:

D

Deleted member 26715

Please tell me this is ironic: you're moaning about a program, so good that you can't wait a week for the next episode?!?
FYI there was no irony intended, it has nothing to do with the program, which I haven't seen, it's to do with the management to the BBC who are so out of touch with their audience it's becoming an embarrassment, well TBH not becoming, it has been for quite a while.
gonna give this a go :okay:
That's a blast from the past

Top Bottom