What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
As I have already said, or at least I thought I had I have no complaint about the content apart from all the dross that they & every other provider seems to think we want, reality TV springs to mind. However setting that aside my "pre-existing axe to grind" is the Iplayer, it is archaic not fit for the 20th Century let alone the 21st Century & the way they control the content, which if the truth be known we as the license payer own. If you are such a support please explain why they limit the time an episode/series is available, often as short as 7 days, my assumption which could be way off is so they can sell that content to some other entity & deny the people who paid for it access to it.

You mean like Britbox, where you get to pay to watch shows that you previously paid to have made via the licence fee?

And yes, iPlayer is looking increasingly clunky these days.

D

Deleted member 26715

You mean like Britbox, where you get to pay to watch shows that you previously paid to have made via the licence fee?

And yes, iPlayer is looking increasingly clunky these days.
That & all the other ones that seem to be right up the channels when you press the EPG on Freesat

Smudge

Veteran
Inside The Factory was interesting tonight....... with Gregg Wallace being his usual irritating.
Le Creuset casserole pots being made tonight.

D

Deleted member 26715

Redneck Ruth is definitely my favourite character in Ozark. She spends most of her time spitting venom and swearing at almost every other character. It gives her some great lines, like telling her Uncle to "Shut yer f**k nugget mouth"
We watched the last episode last night, I like Ruth as well, no idea why but she reminds me of Marilyn Monroe, wife advises they have been signed up for another series, not sure it's quite as sharp as it was, hopefully they will take the extra time to improve the script.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Rewatching Wolf Hall - Mark Rylance is mesmerising as Cromwell. He can convey more in one flicker of an eyelid than many actors manage in a career. A work of genius, IMHO - tv drama of the highest order.

Smudge

Veteran
We watched the last episode last night, I like Ruth as well, no idea why but she reminds me of Marilyn Monroe, wife advises they have been signed up for another series, not sure it's quite as sharp as it was, hopefully they will take the extra time to improve the script.

I'm currently still on S2 atm. Nice to know there could be a S4.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Finished Quiz last night. Overall I enjoyed it, but it felt a bit stretched over 3 nights. Michael Sheen really stole the show as Tarrant, but Helen McCrory as the defence barrister ran him a very close second.

The dance scene in the final episode was particularly surreal.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Oh I don't know about that. As a longtime UC devotee I can't remember a more impressive contestant, ever. His range of knowledge is quite astonishing.

Am inclined to agree, but Monkman knew a lot of stuff too - but I think the he might have been studying history so it's perhaps slighlty less impressive than the New York computer science guy knowing the minutiae of European medieval history.

Any remember Imperial's team captain Kerans from a few years back ? He was the "punk" style chap who was a medical student. He and his team were hugely entertaining and he made sure that they at least had a logical guess for the stuff they didn't know. They got the silver medal in the end but were very good throuought.

Last edited:

Adam4868

Guru
Ive watched the first two episodes of Devs by Alex Garland this week.Im pretty sure you can stream all episodes.Im not too sure if I like it or not really,going to give it another episode before passing judgement.Nothing worse than watching 9 episodes of something qnd thinking "feck ive wasted 9 hours with that ! "
Which as popular as it is on here Ozark did nothing for me,gave it up after a few episodes as I found it far to cheesy,far fetched.

Reactions: gbb
Top Bottom