What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Ive watched the first two episodes of Devs by Alex Garland this week.Im pretty sure you can stream all episodes.Im not too sure if I like it or not really,going to give it another episode before passing judgement.Nothing worse than watching 9 episodes of something qnd thinking "feck ive wasted 9 hours with that ! "
Which as popular as it is on here Ozark did nothing for me,gave it up after a few episodes as I found it far to cheesy,far fetched.
I'm on episode 7 or so of Devs. It's good but not awesome, a bit deep but not action packed, but it's got me wanting to see how it pans out.
Ozark, my wife loved it. I wasnt hooked by the earlier series but as it progressed Into the later ones, the jeopardy and danger increased, I got hooked. The episodes where Wendy's erratic, bipolar brother Ben came on the scene were just brilliant, supreme acting (imho)

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I have downloaded Devs but am yet to watch an episode. Currently watching Tales From The Loop... which is good, if a little slow paced. An Amazon series based on the artwork of Simon Stalenhag:
size500_book_talesfromtheloop_detail8_500.jpg

gbb

Legendary Member
Well, just finished Devs.
No regrets, I wont say anything about the ending.
Interesting storyline, seeing the future, the past, the idea that everything is prordained, there is no free will, no choice.
Strange one, I liked the mood throughout, almost serene, but intense that's the only way I can explain it.

Smudge

Veteran
Finally finished Ozark last night. Excellent last few episodes to end S3, riveting stuff. Really hoping there will be a S4.
Gonna be searching for another binge worthy show now.

Chris S

Legendary Member
One World: Together at Home. I realize that the artists are doing this for charity but a lot of them sound like pub singers. It makes me realize how good their producers are.

Smudge

Veteran
Coincidentally, after mentioning pain relief on the Skunk thread.... There was a very interesting docu on BBC4 tonight about the history of pain relief drugs. Although marijuana never had a mention.
'Pain, Pus & Poison: The Search For Modern Medicine'.... Tonight being the first in 3 programs. Obviously on iplayer for those that never saw it.

Watching 'Inside The Factory' now. I always enjoy this program, even though i have to endure the immensely irritating Gregg Wallace.

Smudge

Veteran
Saw the last episode of S5 of 'Better Call Saul' tonight. Excellent as ever and ended on a bit of a cliffhanger. Gotta wait til next year now for the final series.
This show is easily the best thing i've watched on Netflix.

Eziemnaik

Über Member
Zero Zero Zero
Very loosely based on R. Saviono's book of the same name
Series follows coke at various stages of its supply chain, or to be more correct players in the market.
Just like the book the problem is too much form over substance
Story is great, some fantastic scenes, good acting but so so direction ultimately makes it recommendable only if you are interested in the war on drugs - Mcmafia is a way superior entertainment

Adam4868

Guru
Finished watching Devs,thought it was ok,maybe quite good.Im critical of anything that makes me watch for 8 hours ! But it kept me interested until the end.
Other than that enjoying the new series of Killing Eve as usual.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Race around the world - strangely addictive and as the contestants are normal people and not nose in the trough celebs it makes a refreshing change.

Quiz - not a bad little three-parter at all. I didn't realise how naughty the Major was all those years ago.

Top Bottom