What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

An Idiot Abroad.
Unable to watch that due to a certain person who is in it

matticus said:
Please tell me this is ironic: you're moaning about a program, so good that you can't wait a week for the next episode?!?
>>>>>>>>>>>>
FYI there was no irony intended, it has nothing to do with the program, which I haven't seen, it's to do with the management to the BBC who are so out of touch with their audience it's becoming an embarrassment, well TBH not becoming, it has been for quite a while.
It's a shame you can't see the irony then! The BBC have produced a new program so good you can't wait for the next series to start, but you're moaning that they're out of touch with their audience (which, in case I need to explain, is in fact you).

:laugh:

D

Deleted member 26715

It's a shame you can't see the irony then! The BBC have produced a new program so good you can't wait for the next series to start, but you're moaning that they're out of touch with their audience (which, in case I need to explain, is in fact you).

:laugh:
Complete Whoosh moment, you want to try again I'm clearly missing your point

D

Deleted member 26715

Their job is to make content that their audience wants - everything else is secondary.

Unless you have a pre-existing axe to grind about the BBC, that is ...
As I have already said, or at least I thought I had I have no complaint about the content apart from all the dross that they & every other provider seems to think we want, reality TV springs to mind. However setting that aside my "pre-existing axe to grind" is the Iplayer, it is archaic not fit for the 20th Century let alone the 21st Century & the way they control the content, which if the truth be known we as the license payer own. If you are such a support please explain why they limit the time an episode/series is available, often as short as 7 days, my assumption which could be way off is so they can sell that content to some other entity & deny the people who paid for it access to it.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
As I have already said, or at least I thought I had I have no complaint about the content apart from all the dross that they & every other provider seems to think we want, reality TV springs to mind. However setting that aside my "pre-existing axe to grind" is the Iplayer, it is archaic not fit for the 20th Century let alone the 21st Century & the way they control the content, which if the truth be known we as the license payer own. If you are such a support please explain why they limit the time an episode/series is available, often as short as 7 days, my assumption which could be way off is so they can sell that content to some other entity & deny the people who paid for it access to it.

Your assumption is close to the mark I think. I can't remember the series, but they pulled the last few episodes of it as the DVDs were going on sale that week.

My only Must See TV is Homeland. Almost everything else seems to be take it or leave it. Some of the BBC4 arts programs are pretty good, unlike almost all of the science and tech programs. I locked my recording of The Farthest, documentary about the Voyager space mission. I binge watched War in the Pacific, the documentary and the Speilberg drama.
Is there anything genuinely funny on TV these days? I'm not laughing now.

D

Deleted member 26715

My only Must See TV is Homeland.
Are you sticking with it, I stopped watching it after it turned into the Claire Danes show, which was a huge shame, it was a riveting program, but I lost the will to watch only slightly into S7, not even watched any of S8

So why write this, if the content is fine:

"Brought to you by the new progressive BBC, they really haven't a clue what their customers want "
(c) Phaeton 2020

Top Bottom