What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
Ben Fogle New lives in the wild,some stunning places if you like remote...also some sh1tholes ! I like him on this show though,he really does seem to get a feel for people.

gbb

Legendary Member
My wife and myself both watched and loved Ozark and based on that my wife is watching..and loving Queen of the South.
Drivel may be too hard but its matinee tv, the characters have no bite, threat, it's all a bit macho, swaggering, over stylised ...but completely lacks the dark gritty characters and realism Ozark had.

gbb

Legendary Member
I'm watching 'What we do in the shadows' on BBC2.
Cringeworthy, a bit lame, almost geeky, but I like it, its oddball, different.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
I'm watching 'What we do in the shadows' on BBC2.
Cringeworthy, a bit lame, almost geeky, but I like it, its oddball, different.

It's meant to be all of those things! The episode where they fight the werewolves is absolute gold. Film is well worth a watch too.

Reactions: gbb

vickster

Legendary Member
I spent last night and a bit of today watching The Night Of via Sky Atlantic catch up.
Excellent (if rather violent at times)

Profpointy

Legendary Member
We've now started watching "Gotham". Gotham's been recommended by many on hereand it really is very good indeed. I think the acting makes it with the Jim Cordon character (a junior detective at this pre-Batman era) excellent portraying the role, not quite wooden, but unflappable and incorruptible, hiding his emotions - perfect! The boy Bruce Wayne is excellent - basic posh kid yet conveying the drive of the future batman, and his crush on the future catwoman yet wisdom beyond his years to be wary. of her. Penguin, at this point on his way up as a Uriah Heap like junior gangster - the actor was born to play the role. And above all Sean Pertwee outstanding as Alfred, given a truly note-prefect script full of (genuine) British / London idiom played as the very proper family retainer, with love and loyalty to the young Bruce, but behind that a man of action not to be trifled with, whether he's ex-army, ex-boxer, or even an ex-con, isn't stated, but he can certainly handle himself. There's a wonderful scene we just watched where Alfred ever so politely appeals to Fish, the elegant lady gangster's sense of humanity in helping them find missing young Bruce. There's no menace in the words, nor the tone, and yet this is clearly very much a threat from a formidable man you really don't want to make an enemy of. This scene was a treat (amongst many)

And the other thing we've just started is "Space Corps" - I thought it truly hilarious. It's a satire on Trump (not named) attempt to set up a military space force. It's done utterly dead pan and serious yet I was giggling out loud of the absurdities of organisational politics. Only one episode thus far but very promising.

Last edited:

Eziemnaik

Über Member
Handmaiden tales - after recommendation from a friend I gave it a go. Unfortunately it is the second most overrated tv series I watched. It is not awaful or bad, but just fairly bland, in spite of bleak theme, good production, and in some cases very good acting. Weak writing (I have not read the book so not sure if it is just the adaptation's fault), lots of cheese, same tropes used over and over, heavy dose of virtue signalling. Some episodes seem stretched from 10m of material into 1h.
If you are after a sf series I do recommend Dark on Netflix before this.

Another vote for Springwatch here. I wasn’t going to bother watching it this year but I’d seen quite few favourable comments after it started so started watching in catch up last week, yes I have to agree it’s been mostly very watchable and dare I say an improvement on the usual horsing around format. Packham is so much easier on the ear when he’s adopting a more serious tone. And some of the viewers clips have been tremendous, the helping hand to the nest building coot and the sea rescue of the hedgehog in particular.
I still fast forward through all the interminable nestbox cams though.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Out of sheer boredom I decided to give flebag a go from s1 e1.. 3 episodes in and I'm not sure why but really liking it.

I think it's just plain fooked up funny and weird all in one.

Top Bottom