What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Yes we watched that and booked a weekend there to visit all of the filming locations. But had to cancel because of covid

What a shame! I've been checking hotels out on bookings.com for when life is slightly more normal. Can't wait to go back - it's been over 20 years.

I think Hinterland was designed/filmed specifically to keep people away - what a grim and dangerous place it feels!

Love the prog though, and love the area (prefer it when the sun shines though). Stayed in an indy hostel in Dolgellau between last year's lockdowns. A stone's throw from some of the locations, and would have made the perfect setting for a series of family murders :-/
:P

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I think we're very late to the game but we're watching Hinterland. I went to Uni in Aberystwyth and it's making me want to go back VERY badly.

It's changed a lot since I was there in the 80s. The Talbot Hotel, a regular watering hole is now an indoor craft market, the Downies Vaults is completely shut down, but the Light of Asia now serves edible food, rather good in fact, so not all changes are bad ! Sadly I lost my way academically but will always have fond memories of the place

Last edited:

Cathryn

Legendary Member
It's changed a lot since I was there in the 80s. The Talbot Hotel, a regular watering hole is now an indoor craft market, the Downies Vaults is completely shut down, but the Light of Asia now serves edible food, rather good in fact, so not all changes are bad ! Sadly I lost my way academically but will always have fond memories of the place

I did some searching on Bookings.com (dreams, eh?) and found the Glengower transformed into a 9/10 hotel??? It was a sticky floored student heaven when I was there. I shall def be staying there when we visit asap!

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I did some searching on Bookings.com (dreams, eh?) and found the Glengower transformed into a 9/10 hotel??? It was a sticky floored student heaven when I was there. I shall def be staying there when we visit asap!

Was the Glengower the busy pub behind Alex ?

lane

Veteran
Watched The Windermere Children this evening on BBC4 (the drama part - also followed by a documentary I will watch later). Recorded it for Mrs Lane thinking she would be interested and it would not really be my thing. Absolutely riveting and moving. Recommended viewing.

Top Bottom