What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
it really is a one trick pony.
Spinning out what should be a one hour show into a 10 week series.
Has anyone noticed that gameshows today apparently need sets the size of Wembley?.

gbb

Legendary Member
The Great.
C4 period comedy drama about Catherine the Great. Dear God, its filth, with a capital F. Do not watch if your easily offended, dislike sexual conent and extremely vivid sexual language.
I liked it, going to see which episodes I've missed.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
we're quite enjoying that, did a speed catch up on S1. pretty good despite it being in set in Lancashire:laugh:
Series one just annoyed me... 2 episodes of plot, 4 leading us down blind alleys. Still not as bad as series one of The Killing, which played the same trick but bloated it over 20 whole episodes :cursing:

The Great.
C4 period comedy drama about Catherine the Great. Dear God, its filth, with a capital F. Do not watch if your easily offended, dislike sexual conent and extremely vivid sexual language.
I liked it, going to see which episodes I've missed.
I was really surprised by this. It's not often 'er Indoors likes stuff that is this ... gratuitous - perhaps she'll watch anything that looks a bit like Costume Drama? Dunno. But anyway, we love it, it's really funny, and Cat gives as good as she gets in nicely subtle ways.
Her "lover" is brilliant!

Eziemnaik

Über Member
24 - rewatching after nearly 20 years, it still is a white knuckle TV. Perfect encapsulation of Patriot Act era. Jack Bauer is a Hero. Terrorists are bad, but Jack is even worse:laugh:
5/5 for the first season

Mo1959

Legendary Member
New series of Marcella starting tonight :smile:

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Making a Murderer (Netflix). Sorry if been mentioned before. It's 2 x 10 episodes, an hour each. They could have compressed it quite a bit but it was still a rivetting watch for me. Sad becasue of what happened. Very interesting due to all the forensic work, working out where people where and what happened. Sad again due to the shoddy police work and highly unprofessional work from some in positions of power. Sadly the ending doesn't really create any conclusions and it certinaly wasn't any kind of crescendo

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Pembrokeshire Murders on ITV were good. And wrapped up in three episodes. Keith Allen was excellent in it.
yes... the documentary Catching the Gameshow Killer is also worth a watch.

Last night i watched the 1st installment of Incredible Journeys with Simon Reeve... basically a review of his previous series all of which i've mostly enjoyed. Good viewing :okay:

I also recently found the old Viz documentary from 1990... most memorable to me for Keith Chegwin

Top Bottom