What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Norsemen... a not so new Netflix series, just finished series one and started series two... it's funny as feck!

Smudge

Veteran
Guilt.... an excellent bbc drama thriller with some dark humour thrown in. Loads of plot twists and turns and great acting. All 4 episodes on iplayer.

Levo-Lon

Guru
His Dark Materials then War of the Worlds. Given that I’m not normally into Scifi/fantasy stuff, I enjoyed them both.

Im enjoying His Dark materials, i have war of the worlds on record... Iooking forward to this..

Drago

Legendary Member
Watched War of the Worlds.

Why of why can't anyone ever follow the original book? It wasn't dreadful, but not brilliant either. I counted three modern wristwatches, an air conditioning unit, a tv aerial, a brand of stationery (Rexel) that wasn't founded until 1967, and bulldog clips which weren't invented until 1944

Levo-Lon

Guru

Why of why can't anyone ever follow the original book? It wasn't dreadful, but not brilliant either. I counted three modern wristwatches, an air conditioning unit, a tv aerial, a brand of stationery (Rexel) that wasn't founded until 1967, and bulldog clips which weren't invented until 1944

Sci fy init :laugh:

As long as its not like the Tom Cruise version....
I love the music version with Richard Burton, that will always be war of the worlds for me, no film or tv will beat that vision.

Mo1959

Legendary Member

You must pay much more attention than me. Totally oblivious to all that. Lol.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Sci fy init :laugh:

As long as its not like the Tom Cruise version....
I love the music version with Richard Burton, that will always be war of the worlds for me, no film or tv will beat that vision.

I think your being rather unfair on the Tom Cruise version. Despite excedingly low expectarions I though very well done - true to the book more or less incident for incident, Cruise actually can act when he wants to, and refreshingly free of macho bullshit - eg Cruise packs a revolver for protection but fairly early on he loses it and it isn't used for alpha male gun play at all. Ok it was transplnted to modern America but that's merely a staging decision rather than a reworking - akin to a modern dress Shakespeare say.
i thought a decent film, true and respectful of the book

Levo-Lon

Guru
I think your being rather unfair on the Tom Cruise version. Despite excedingly low expectarions I though very well done - true to the book more or less incident for incident, Cruise actually can act when he wants to, and refreshingly free of macho bullshit - eg Cruise packs a revolver for protection but fairly early on he loses it and it isn't used for alpha male gun play at all. Ok it was transplnted to modern America but that's merely a staging decision rather than a reworking - akin to a modern dress Shakespeare say.
i thought a decent film, true and respectful of the book

Not a bad watch, bit it was just American, super hero flick..

Top Bottom