What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Well yes, I understand that, but unlike other awards ceremonies I believe the NTAs are a public vote?

Which proves, if other recent elections weren't evidence enough, that the public are not to be trusted.
Yeah, but who actually votes? Its a self selecting electorate And the people who vote for the NTAs aren’t representative of the wider public.

i agree that Mrs Browns Boys is a pile of dung, but Im note surprised that it beat Fleabag, which is the best programme i have watched in the last few years, IMO.

Adam4868

Guru
Has nobody watched Succession ? In my top 3 of last year's TV !

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Yeah, but who actually votes? Its a self selecting electorate And the people who vote for the NTAs aren’t representative of the wider public.

i agree that Mrs Browns Boys is a pile of dung, but Im note surprised that it beat Fleabag, which is the best programme i have watched in the last few years, IMO.

The answer to your question is simple:

Idiots.

johnblack

Über Member
Has nobody watched Succession ? In my top 3 of last year's TV !
Watched the first season and the first episode of the second season on my Sky planner, then the rest deleted themselves. I didn't realise they had an expiry date. Now I've got to wait for it to become available again. I'm not paying for it in Sky Store. I guess it will go back on box sets nearer the time Sky get season 3 from HBO.

It is such a great series, everyone is truly hateful!!

Adam4868

Guru
Watched the first season and the first episode of the second season on my Sky planner, then the rest deleted themselves. I didn't realise they had an expiry date. Now I've got to wait for it to become available again. I'm not paying for it in Sky Store. I guess it will go back on box sets nearer the time Sky get season 3 from HBO.

It is such a great series, everyone is truly hateful!!
It's addictive tv....I don't have any subscription/paid tv my kids can get anything on it.I suppose it's one bonus of having teenagers at home.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Indeed, i've never understood why its popular.
lowest common denominator.

Yes, as long as the great offended dont get all upset by the banter i think they have a winner, bit wooden in parts but that's to be expected from people who are not tv presenting naturals, Flintoff was rather good at being the test dummy, i couldn't even stand on that Dam:eek:
I saw that :eek::eek::eek:

Harris, is (presumably) the new Hammond?
Flintoff is the 'class clown' (anyone see his Aussie series, with Rob Penn?)

As for the other guy..........:angry::headshake:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I didn't watch any TV last night, but I read that Mrs. Brown's Boys had (once again) won Best Comedy at the NTAs.

Ahead of Derry Girls, After Life, Fleabag and Sex Education.

Truly baffling.

It's utter drivel imo.

Same as a good number of the other winners output eg Ant & Dec win again for 19th year in a row - crass, mindless but seemingly much loved duo and Gavin & Stacey for an utterly feeble and pointless one-off.

Mind numbing stuff.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
It's utter drivel imo.

Same as a good number of the other winners output eg Ant & Dec win again for 19th year in a row - crass, mindless but seemingly much loved duo and Gavin & Stacey for an utterly feeble and pointless one-off.

Mind numbing stuff.

I don't understand the appeal of Ant & Dec either, especially when their main vehicle wasn't even on TV this year. I'm not particularly fussed about presenters to be honest, though I do like Toksvig and Fielding on Bake Off. Evan Davis too, who I sort of feel like the BBC discovered in the back of a cupboard, took a punt on him for Dragon's Den and now can't get rid of.

I liked the first series of Gavin and Stacey but struggle to understand its enduring popularity, in a world where there are far better options available.

Chris S

Legendary Member
I've been listening to the radio instead of watching TV. Steve Wright in the afternoon is still on, he's a bigger prick now than he was in the 1980s.
Every time he says a word ending in 'ing' he says 'serious' before it and 'no g' after it. After about a dozen times it became extremely tedious. He's also renamed himself DJ Dilly Boy. DJ Silly Bugger would be more appropriate.
He's at it again. Serious wankin (no g)

Top Bottom