What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Classic Albums: Tears for Fears - Songs from the Big Chair

I used to be a big fan in my teens, until i realised that there was much better music outside of the Top of the Pops/Radio 1 bubble. Whilst I don't consider Big Chair a classic album (The Hurting is better)... I enjoy the Classic Albums series. It's interesting/odd hearing things like this is us trying to be Talking Heads, or Robert Wyatt... it sounds feck all like them! ...and Roland has morphed into an old David Brent :laugh:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Star Trek: Enterprise

Captain Archer and co. taking the first steps into the universe. Cracking show, cut short before its time.
just getting into discovery myself
Other than that just finished COBRA, pretty good imho .Minor gripe skytv keeps syaing i must upgrade my sub halfway through download series, happend 3-4 times so i miss half of stuff that i was getting into

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
just getting into discovery myself
Other than that just finished COBRA, pretty good imho .Minor gripe skytv keeps syaing i must upgrade my sub halfway through download series, happend 3-4 times so i miss half of stuff that i was getting into
I've watched Discovery and it's the only Star Trek series I don't really like. And why on earth they thought it necessary to change the look of the Klingons I have no idea.

cyberknight

documentary on the jam , started off with Wellers best mate who quit before they became famous and the bassist was hired as a lead guitar but wasnt a strong enough player so he took over the bass from paul.
if they all stayed in the band in would have been a 4 piece .

cyberknight

I've watched Discovery and it's the only Star Trek series I don't really like. And why on earth they thought it necessary to change the look of the Klingons I have no idea.
i think they change them every time if i remember rightly they had some obscure reason in TNG why thay changed from the 60s look (or cheap make up depending on how you look at it )

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Just watched ep 2 of Picard, on Prime.
After a promising start in ep 1 this was a bit of a bore fest, with an awful of waffle and not a lot of anything else. Let's hope it's just doing some heavy duty plot setting for later on, but if it carries on like this I won't be staying with it.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
i think they change them every time if i remember rightly they had some obscure reason in TNG why thay changed from the 60s look (or cheap make up depending on how you look at it )
They changed the look after TOS but did stay with it for the next 30 years. In Enterprise they featured a plot (S04E15 Affliction) which explained why some Klingons had no ridges for a period of 100 ish years.

Last edited:

Levo-Lon

Guru
My latest Netflix binge watching addiction is Narcos. I'm immensely enjoying this, while finding it incredible how Escobar carried on causing massive amounts of death & destruction, while constantly evading capture.
I'm almost at the end of S2 set in the 90's, so his time must be almost up. Looking forward to seeing how S3 and then Narcos Mexico goes.

Best thing I've watched in ages.
I've watched it all 3 times :laugh:

Mexico is also very good.
I've just started S2 Mexico but I think it's not a patch on all before.

If you like things like this Gomorra will be a binge fest..

Last edited:

Smudge

Veteran
Best thing I've watched in ages.
I've watched it all 3 times :laugh:

Mexico is also very good.
I've just started S2 Mexico but I think it's not a patch on all before.

If you like things like this Gomorra will be a binge fest..

I'm ready to begin Narcos Mexico now, prob get a few episodes in today as the weather is crap.
I shall check out Gomorra.

D

Deleted member 26715

i agree that Mrs Browns Boys is a pile of dung, but Im note surprised that it beat Fleabag, which is the best programme i have watched in the last few years, IMO.
It's good we're all different I don't understand the hype about Fleabag it's just crass toilet humour, but written by a woman not a man.
Good Omens, when I got home from work
Is this a new series?

johnnyb47

Guru
Anybody just watched the Panorama program tonight about amazon.
It was quite interesting watching about how the company started from just 3 people to what it is now.
It explored whether there was a dark side to our love affair with the company (their words not mine)
Well worth a watch

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
After an excellent opening episode, I'm now five episodes into Star Trek: Picard and I'm considering knocking it on the head... last night's yawn-fest reminded me of why I never watched much Star Trek.

Thoroughly enjoyed The Stranger (netflix), which I binged watched over three nights :okay:

Top Bottom