What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
The Repair Shop. If the bit with the radio they fixed for the old guy doesn't bring a tear to your eye then it must be made of glass.

gbb

Legendary Member
Better Call Saul, srs 4. Just watched the episode where the Salamanca twins take out a rival gang, falsely identified by Nacho as the shooters of himself and his compadre in crime, gunfire galore, insane, impossible of course but just insane.
Loving it, I like the switching between Jimmy's seemingly mundane yet drama filled shenanigans in life alongside, but not yet connected to Mike Ermentraut, the Salamancas and Gustavo Fring.....all to meet or cross over later In Breaking Bad.

Tonight is the last episode of DEVS. This is by far the most intriguing tv show for years. The plot, characters and sci premise are all good enough but the production takes it to another level.

I love the aspect of deep time. The cavemen have been living the same life for thousands of years without change and how change has accelerated. In fact on this point they are incorrect, the crayons they made to apply their artwork changed over time becoming more sophisticated.

Tonight Lily goes to DEVS and the world ends or something. Is this world simply a simulation created by a higher level DEVS in an infinite number of DEVS. Who knows. If you do know, don't tell.

Adam4868

Guru
I've been watching Normal People over the last couple of nights,up to episode 5.Didnt think it was for me but my partner who insists as it's Irish based.Its been good so far,I'm a softy for a bit of romance/heartbrake !

Smudge

Veteran
Big fan of the original Star Trek when i was a kid. Then only occasionally watched TNG in the 90's. Since then not seen any Star Trek apart from the films.
So i thought i'd give Discovery a go on Netflix..... i've struggled with it, but keep thinking i'll get into it, but its just not doing it for me. I doubt i'll finish it.

gavgav

Guru
I've been watching Normal People over the last couple of nights,up to episode 5.Didnt think it was for me but my partner who insists as it's Irish based.Its been good so far,I'm a softy for a bit of romance/heartbrake !
Same here, I was recommended it by a colleague, didn’t think it would be my cup of tea, started watching and loved it. Ended up binge watching all 12 episodes on IPlayer, over 3 nights.

The 2 main characters are so endearing and acted superbly, by 2 future stars, based on those performances.

Adam4868

Guru
Same here, I was recommended it by a colleague, didn’t think it would be my cup of tea, started watching and loved it. Ended up binge watching all 12 episodes on IPlayer, over 3 nights.

The 2 main characters are so endearing and acted superbly, by 2 future stars, based on those performances.
Can't believe shes not Irish ! Great at accents.She actually got the seal of approval from my Irish partner.Agree they both play great parts.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Thanks for people mentioning Ozark on here, I took a look as a result and soon watched the lot. It was really good, slightly over the top, but all the same very good.

Just started watching Gangs of London, again after reading on this thread. I like it, and I am far from being a prude, but sometimes the violence is just slightly over the top, and pretty graphic. Some really nasty bits of work in it. It is good though, thanks.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Harley Quinn - E4/All4

Very, very good.
It's clear that they had fun making it, and it's all the better for it.
It's is however very sweary and most certainly not for kids - although I can't help think a lot will be allowed to watch it "cos it's a cartoon, innit"

Harley Quinn - E4/All4

Very, very good.
It's clear that they had fun making it, and it's all the better for it.
It's is however very sweary and most certainly not for kids - although I can't help think a lot will be allowed to watch it "cos it's a cartoon, innit"

Yes, I watched that too
It was good that they used the 'classic' Harley & Mr J entwined (in the dance fantasy)
A pity though (but contractual? ) that the classic voices weren't used
Arleen Sorkin, Kevin Conroy & Mark Hamill

'Bats' was Diedrich Bader, from the 'Batman; The Brave & The Bold' animation
(probably better known as Jethro, in the 90's remake/film of The Beverley Hill-Billies')

I'm looking forward to futire episodes:okay:

Last edited:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Star Trek:TNG (horror channel / Freeview play)
The first two episodes are listed so thought I'd have a trip down memory lane.
Oh my word, how dated it looks, more so even than the original series - and JLP still has some hair!
Unlike the recently watched ST:Picard, Patrick Stewart is a darn sight more restrained in his performance.

And a final thought. Could Q be related to Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory?

keithmac

Guru
I've been watching a load of videos from South Main Auto Repairs on YouTube.

Just a one man band workshop bit he knows his onions and nice to see the job done right for a change!.

Just started Series 3 of Killing Eve but that's more my wife's cup of tea.

Top Bottom