What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
The Fringe on Now tv

Well weird "fringe" science based sci-fi - if you like parallel universes, time travel and a mystery or crime solved each episode then this is for you.

Some of the cast can't act for toffee but John Noble usually makes up for this and more (he's mostly Denethor II Steward Of Gondor type over acting).

Also each week you get a cipher to decode from symbols shown at various times during the episode.:becool:
I quite liked Fringe. The science is crap, but the entertainment factor is very good. John Noble's character is wonderful. Leonard Nimoy's supporting role is very enjoyable too. All-in-all, good science fiction. Heavy on the fiction.

Anyone watching S2 of Staged (2 shows in so far)?

Loved the first series (although Tennant isn't half as funny as he likes to think ...)! The DIY aspect really added something - wives, children dogs etc getting in the way of filming :smile:

I couldn't get into S2 until I realised the problem; I'd forgotten that since S1 they have broken (partly) through the 4th wall. The first series was about them rehearsing a play - the audience were just spectating on the Zoom calls "secretly"; whereas in S2 the conceit is that S1 was itself staged i.e. the characters knew they were being filmed! (and now they're arguing about who "wrote" S1). I know this sounds very simple in hindsight, but watching it tired on a Friday night ... well my brain wasn't at its best :P

I think I'll enjoy Ep3 onwards more!

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Anyone watching S2 of Staged (2 shows in so far)?

Loved the first series (although Tennant isn't half as funny as he likes to think ...)! The DIY aspect really added something - wives, children dogs etc getting in the way of filming :smile:

I couldn't get into S2 until I realised the problem; I'd forgotten that since S1 they have broken (partly) through the 4th wall. The first series was about them rehearsing a play - the audience were just spectating on the Zoom calls "secretly"; whereas in S2 the conceit is that S1 was itself staged i.e. the characters knew they were being filmed! (and now they're arguing about who "wrote" S1). I know this sounds very simple in hindsight, but watching it tired on a Friday night ... well my brain wasn't at its best :P

I think I'll enjoy Ep3 onwards more!
I haven't watched S2 yet, but i will. I did enjoy S1.

Also, I can recommend Spiral series 8 on BBC4 and i player. If you have not watched the first 7 series, it is probably best to as all the series kind of follow on from each other. This is the final series of Spiral.

Chris S

Legendary Member
I finally saw the last episode of Out. It was delayed for about 4 weeks because of the Christmas/New Year schedule. That was bad planning on the part of Talking Pictures TV.

Adam4868

Guru
Serpent was interesting if a bit difficult to follow at times with all the jumping back and forward. Also when you have seen 1 person being poisoned .... although his attempt to do 30 at once near the end was quite entertaining. I see from the notes at the end he is still alive and in prison.
I'd edit that just in case not everybody has watched it 😁

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I haven't watched S2 yet, but i will. I did enjoy S1.

Also, I can recommend Spiral series 8 on BBC4 and i player. If you have not watched the first 7 series, it is probably best to as all the series kind of follow on from each other. This is the final series of Spiral.
I've only just caught up with Staged. Ish. Which is to say I've finished the first series. Brilliant. Flawless. Impeccable. Perfect scripts, perfectly delivered. All the acting was terrific, and the cameos by Samuel L Jackson and Judi Dench were just exquisite.

Top Bottom