What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Revisiting Breaking Bad, end to end.
Occasionally, you see the most stunning vistas, the cinematography is sublime. Brilliant series despite its unexpected outbursts of violence.
Some of the best tv I ever saw, ever.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Anyone else feel a little underwhelmed with the climax of Line of Duty?
Yes. There were so many other ways they could have done it, I was expecting an intriguing and clever crescendo. But instead we got "This is H" *Plonk* That'll do

Yes and No. Long-running series almost NEVER end very well. It's too hard to tie-up the loose ends and have an enjoyable hour of plot/tension - something has to give. I've seen a lot worse than that!

It wasn't the most exciting episode, but it had a sort of moral reality about it. Finding out Ted's "truth" was pretty good, I thought. They left us with the feeling that AC12 had made some things better, but you can't beat all the bad guys, at least not all at once. They're still up there, looking after each-others' positions of power ... <cue sinister music!>

We really should be grateful for many hours of best-of-british cop telly :-)

Adam4868

Guru
Not watched but the new series of Fargo is starting this Sunday at 10.Allways been good for me.
New season of Inside No9 starting on the 10th of May also.

lane

Veteran
Yes and No. Long-running series almost NEVER end very well. It's too hard to tie-up the loose ends and have an enjoyable hour of plot/tension - something has to give. I've seen a lot worse than that!

It wasn't the most exciting episode, but it had a sort of moral reality about it. Finding out Ted's "truth" was pretty good, I thought. They left us with the feeling that AC12 had made some things better, but you can't beat all the bad guys, at least not all at once. They're still up there, looking after each-others' positions of power ... <cue sinister music!>

We really should be grateful for many hours of best-of-british cop telly :-)

I thought it was OK. We just go this not super bright cop getting super rich because being corrupt was enough to get rich he didn't need to be a mastermind as well. A few days before I watched a documentary on 70s police corruption in the City of London Police and the Met - operation Countryman etc. Struck me that was the reality then - corrupt cops didn't have to be super bright and if they got caught the Police establishment closed ranks because they didn't want to damage confidence in the Police. So in a way I think LOD got it right.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Car S,O,S doing up an Hillman Imp. I used to have a red one in 1971. It was burning more oil than petrol so sold it again after just 2 weeks.

Last edited:

Chris S

Legendary Member
Car S,O,S doing up an Hillman Imp. I used to have a red one in 1971. It was burning more oil than petrol so sold it again after just 2 weeks.
I remember being in one that broke down on a journey from North Wales to Birmingham. It was less than a 100 miles!

Top Bottom