What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru
Yes. There were so many other ways they could have done it, I was expecting an intriguing and clever crescendo. But instead we got "This is H" *Plonk* That'll do
That's right, H was so incompetent, yet pushed up the line of command because of it, and was played like a set of bongos by others, whilst lining his own pockets, whilst all the time he was hiding in plain sight, did he remind you of a certain resident of Downing Street? I think comparisons were being made.

Daveb77

Just discovered Snowfall... Amazing stuff, 4 seasons, im 3 down after stint of work shift recovery time when i should be sleeping last two weeks... Highly addictive (excuse the pun)!!!
D

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Shran is definitely one of my favourite characters in all of Star Trek. I know Jeffrey Coombs has played a number of different characters, but Shran is absolutely brilliant, and his rapport and relationship with Archer makes for great viewing. The Romulans are... well, they're Romulans and never change or learn (STTNG Reunification aside), that's what makes them a great adversary too!

Watch out for the ice-bore worms!

Shran is definitely one of my favourite characters in all of Star Trek. I know Jeffrey Coombs has played a number of different characters, but Shran is absolutely brilliant, and his rapport and relationship with Archer makes for great viewing
Just forget his role in films like Re-Animator (a sham, compared to the original HP Lovecraft story)

I'm with you, & also Soval
Going from unsupportive/obstructive/supercillious to (almost) admiring/supporting Archer & humans

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
'er indores, after a lifetime of avoiding subtitles at all costs, has been cunningly manoeuvred into enjoying Spiral - a really good French cop series, proper gritty, with plenty of gobsmacking corruption at every layer of the French judicial/political system (it really does make French provincial government/'justice' look like a cesspit) - and, on the back of that (as well as at a friend's prompting) Call My Agent, based among the luvvies of Paris - lightweight by comparison, but we're enjoying it aussie.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Hypernormalisation for me...should be on the school curriculum.Always liked his work.
Me too. Century of the Self was also a belter. (As was the aforementioned Bitter Lake.) I do sometimes think a little Adam Curtis goes a long way. And I find him a bit hit & miss. Didn't think much of All Watched Over, and his most recent - Can’t Get You Out of My Head - was a shambles - an incoherent triumph of form over content. But yes, all in all, kids could learn a lot from Mr Curtis.

Top Bottom