What type of cleats and shoes do I need to look for when buying things compatible with this pedal?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
If buying new you will get cleats with these pedals, if not see link below. Any shoe SPD (2 bolt) compatible will do.
https://www.wiggle.co.uk/shimano-spd-mtb-cleats/

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Have a look at the soles of the shoes - you want ones that look like this...
Opener_1681-copy-680x294.jpg

vickster

Legendary Member
Did the pedals not come with cleats, or have they gone awol? You say you want new shoes, the cleats often outlast shoes so you could just remove from existing shoes (if you still have them)

Shoes, Described as MTB, touring, all terrain...avoid anything that has 'road' in name

Last edited:
A bit OT but those pedals were my first foray into clipless. I liked them as if you missed the clip in it was still easy to pedal with them and you could clip in at a later moment when it was convenient :okay: As said you'll need 2 bolt SPD cleats and a MTB shoe, good luck :okay::okay:

Mike_P

Guru
You can also use road shoes with 3 hole cleat fixings as per the shoe at the bottom of the photo below with Shimano SM-SH41 adapters, as per the top shoe in the photo, which give a stable walking platform. You need to add around £15 to the cost of the shoes, Wholly Hat Shop on eBay usually seem to be the cheapest. 498297

andrew_s

Legendary Member
Last edited:
Top Bottom