what tyres should I go for?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hey guys,

I am due 2 new tyres for my road bike, my bikes a carrera virtuoso 2012 limited addition.
As im relatively new to road bikes im looking for a bit of advice on which tyres to use,
I use my bike for commuting and leisure, I also cycling in all kinds of weather so would like the tyres to grip the road.
Its also worth saying that im from glasgow so the roads are beond crap so need tyres that are up the the test!

It says on my tyres (23-622) 700 × 23c..

I am going to be made redundant soon so im really looking for a well priced and sturdy tyres.

Many thanks

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
THESE are a bargain.
Bloody good tyres to boot.

OP
OP
TheGlasgowCyclist
Cheers mate!
They look quite smart aswell!

My local bike shop was saying they would order me them in but thought they might cost me around 45 pound each tyre...

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Cheers mate!
They look quite smart aswell!

My local bike shop was saying they would order me them in but thought they might cost me around 45 pound each tyre...

I use them on a 35 mile daily commute on the mean streets of London......that's why I recommend them. Survive the streets of London, they will survive anywhere.

Psycolist

NINJA BYKALIST
sounds like you need an all rounder, the schwalbe marathon has always lived up to its name, has a very low rolling resistance, great in all weathers and lasts for alot of miles. you can get them in alot of sizes and they are as puncture proof as you can get. imho, worth the initial outlay. Shop around, theres usually a bargain to be had somewhere !

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Another thumbs up for Durano Plus. 3500 miles and still going strong. Often cycle on sections of road that is very rough and broken without problem.

Top Bottom