What volcanic ash?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Proto

Legendary Member
Norm said:
Sorry if I appear disrespectful but that's quite shocking. How can you be stranded in the capital of one of our near neighbours?

Coach? Train? Have we become so reliant on the £30 EasyJet option that we don't even consider alternatives?

Train tickets very hard to come by, but she's now booked on a train from Berlin, leaving 6.50 Sunday morning, change at Cologne and Brussells, arrive London 6.00pm. Cost €275.00 (it went up €50.00 in the 10 minutes we were thinking about it it).

gavintc

Guru
Well my son and his girlfriend have left us for the trip to Rome prior to hopefully catching a flight home to UK tomorrow night. I suspect that we will see them again tomorrow evening looking for a bed for a few days. They are both students so the delay is not a disaster for them and both can access their uni accounts online to continue with course work etc.

Good god...perhaps I would have been stranded @ Karon beach if I had been luckier unlucky.

Bloody hell I just checked it...everything cancelled..I was a month too early with my holiday.:smile:.

Norm

Proto said:
Train tickets very hard to come by, but she's now booked on a train from Berlin, leaving 6.50 Sunday morning, change at Cologne and Brussells, arrive London 6.00pm. Cost €275.00 (it went up €50.00 in the 10 minutes we were thinking about it it).
Yes, I saw the prices rising whilst I was scouting around looking. Will the insurance cover that?

Actually this isn't funny or great to get stranded...If i was stuck there it would be worrying.Just watching it on Sky.

Aircraft all in the wrong places.....I understand this.....When our trainn service is disrupted the crews and trains are out of place also.They run to diagrams.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
redjedi said:
As someone who lives on the flight plan for Heathrow can I just say

:ohmy:

Sorry if anyone is inconvenienced but a nice quiet evening in the garden is called for, and the sun is shining

:laugh:

Can we have another one next weekend as well please?

I must admit I would have enjoyed it last week at my parents - they are under a take off path.

Mr Summerdays is currently trying to work out how to plan next week with various team members stuck in their current locations. One is in China and I know that his wife had been getting annoyed with his work / home balance as it was.

I don't think we will ever see this cloud, it'll never be high enough in concentration for it to be visible to the human eye, and it'll probably never land on the ground apart from a very faint dusting that you can only see on cars.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
willhub said:
I don't think we will ever see this cloud, it'll never be high enough in concentration for it to be visible to the human eye, and it'll probably never land on the ground apart from a very faint dusting that you can only see on cars.

I flipping hope there is no ruddy dust on the cars or bikes when home.......do my ocd no good at all

Top Bottom