What volcanic ash?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Debian

It certainly aint getting me down!

How nice and peaceful with no airliners or pleasure planes buzzing around. Nice clear blue sky with no contrails as well.

Norm

Debian said:
It certainly aint getting me down!

How nice and peaceful with no airliners or pleasure planes buzzing around. Nice clear blue sky with no contrails as well.
It is only controlled airspace which is affected, there need be no impact on uncontrolled space (mostly under 3,000 feet, IIRC) which smaller planes usually use. I friend who is a pilot has still been flying from Gloucester, just keeping his planes out of controlled airspace.

Debian

Norm said:
It is only controlled airspace which is affected, there need be no impact on uncontrolled space (mostly under 3,000 feet, IIRC) which smaller planes usually use. I friend who is a pilot has still been flying from Gloucester, just keeping his planes out of controlled airspace.

Yes, I know. But the fact of the matter is that we've had one (military) helicopter flying over here since Thursday.

Norm

Send us your postcode, I'll send my mate over. :wacko: :biggrin:

I know what you mean, though. We are just on the edge of where planes can fly west of Heathrow (anything which wants to fly east of us pretty much has to go the other side of London) so we usually get at least 5 small planes, helicopters and military flights an hour. There has been nothing whatsoever since Thursday, though, and it's fabulous.

sheddy

Legendary Member
Is it true that one of the (Monty Python?) Ferry Companies had run out of Foot Tickets, but would sell a Cycling Ticket provided you had a bike - and could ride it on and off the Ferry
Cue passengers rushing off to buy a bike !

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
It is indeed bizarre but true :-)

https://www.cyclechat.net/

Arch

Married to Night Train
Norm said:

How long before people wiht more money than sense start to try paying silly money to people with light aircraft....:wacko:

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
My wife and two kids are due to fly back from South America Monday night via Paris arriving back Tuesday, I am getting a bit concerned it ain't going to happen.:wacko:
Unfortunately even with more money than sense I don't think a Cessna would get them back;)

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Hacienda71 said:
My wife and two kids are due to fly back from South America Monday night via Paris arriving back Tuesday, I am getting a bit concerned it ain't going to happen.:wacko:
Unfortunately even with more money than sense I don't think a Cessna would get them back;)

Fly up the Americas refuelling as required then hops to Greenland and Iceland and home. Might take a while tho :biggrin:

gbb

Legendary Member
Last month(ish) i started a thread..'well and truly stuck...in Egypt'

Where am i now ? Well and truly stuck in Cyprus !!!. I dont know whether to laugh or cry :thumbsup:

Shoulda been flying out on yesterday, eventually managed to get re-scheduled via Lufthansa to Munich on Tuesday then a quick hop to London. The worst is not knowing whether to sit it out here and work or (probably not now because that windows closing) fly to Munich and get stuck there in all probability.

Fcuk...i'm between a rock and a hard place. Thankfully my accomodations paid wherever i am, but took the wife with me this time so her cost is mounting...with no sight of getting home yet.

Then, if i get to Munich, the company are starting to ask if i'll use some of my holiday entitlement, where if i stay here, i can at least work on the project i'm here for...everythings changing so fast...everythings moving so slow :laugh:

Ironically, there's never enough time to do the job i'm here for, things are always rushed and skimped on, training and proving of the equipment is always on a wing and a prayer....now it seems i could really use the time effectively...they still want me back....i cant get back...and will probably get marooned in Munich with bugger all to do, precious little money and no transport to do anything.

Fkit, i hadnt even packed any shorts to come here...its been about 30 degrees here...i never usually have time for any relaxing.

Sod it :smile: The more i write, the more i p1ssing myself off. I hate uncertainty.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Stay. Ask work to contribute towards the additional expense of keeping the wife happy whilst you finish the project. You have friends in Munich, so its the cheaper option, but you feel duty bound to help work if you can. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom