What was the oddest item you carried on your bike?

How do you transport items around on your bike?

• Bag on your back.

Votes: 16 31.4%
  • Bag attached to the bike.

Votes: 21 41.2%
  • Bags on the handle bar.

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Carrying a bag in one hand.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't because I use my bike for exercise/sport/hobby

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • I don't like to carry items whiles riding, I have a car/motorbike for that.

Votes: 6 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sara_H

Guru
I frequently carry a folding camping chair on my rack when I go to watch my son at football or cycle speedway. That's about as exciting as it gets here, sorry.

VamP

Banned
I quite frequently roll along with a second bike wheeling along beside me (right hand), with a giant kit bag slung across my back, a spare set of wheels strapped to that, a jet washer hanging off my bars, and a bike stand balanced on the second bike's bars.

Most weekends in fact.

toss up between my slightly bulky pilates mat on my back (on road) or the air rifle +scope in its carry case (off road for about 8 miles on private land only). In both cases people in general gave me plenty of room!

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I used to cycle to a pig farm with a cased shotgun or air rifle on my back... don't recall too many close passes !

Recently though the strangest thing was a little pink Peppa Pig rucksack, purchased in Aldi which I was taking home for my daughter. She wouldn't let me keep it for inner tubes and toolkit, sadly!

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
I once rode my bike back from the hi-fi shop in Exeter to the my room at the uni, with a largish pair of speakers, in their box, balanced on the top tube between my legs. To this day I've no idea how I did it, or why I didn't fall off.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
600 cigarettes from Paris to london aged 16 for my mate aged 15 ....he said it was because he was under age, but I know it was because he wanted to carry the huge ivory elephant back for his parents , th eone he was sold by a huge african guy in Monmartre...you know,,,the solid plastic ivory ones...them,..yeah.

XRHYSX

A Big Bad Lorry Driver
i once rode last half a mile of my commute with another frame over my shoulder !
I've done this before.
To date I've had a wirly gig washing line brought from b&q one time, and a compost bin on a folded down kiddie trailer another, both times with a child strapped to a WEEride on the cross bar
:becool::laugh:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Years ago, an electric hedge trimmer in my rucksack, 6 miles from town.
Last Christmas, a large side of smoked salmon plus a leg of lamb, again poking out of my rucksack, for about 5 miles ... uphill :sweat:
Today, a family sized pack of toilet paper hanging from the handlebars, only for about half a mile on traffic free paths :angel:

Top Bottom