What was the oddest item you carried on your bike?

How do you transport items around on your bike?

• Bag on your back.

Votes: 16 31.4%
  • Bag attached to the bike.

Votes: 21 41.2%
  • Bags on the handle bar.

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Carrying a bag in one hand.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't because I use my bike for exercise/sport/hobby

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • I don't like to carry items whiles riding, I have a car/motorbike for that.

Votes: 6 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Years ago, an electric hedge trimmer in my rucksack, 6 miles from town.
Last Christmas, a large side of smoked salmon plus a leg of lamb, again poking out of my rucksack, for about 5 miles ... uphill :sweat:
Today, a family sized pack of toilet paper hanging from the handlebars, only for about half a mile on traffic free paths :angel:

:laugh: nice one

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Dignity. But just once.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
1) Large wooden kitchen unit and it's door strapped onto the rack.

2) Bath panel length and width.

3) three cases of toilet tolls and two cases of kitchen rolls - we bulk buy from a local factory so they're cheap

snorri

Legendary Member
Reminds me of eating a snack in an Amsterdam cafe last summer as I watched a young woman attempt to load on her bike a dining room chair and a large picture frame which had been left at the roadside for the refuse lorry. She tried every way possible, upright and upside down round the 'bars etc etc.. I could almost feel her pain as it eventually became clear she was going to have to choose which item to take and which to leave behind. I swear there was a tear in her eye as she cycled off with the chair leaving the picture frame leaning against a lamp post.
If only I had had my bike that day I could have picked up the frame and followed her home, who knows what that might have led to:wub:, well a guy can dream^_^.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
A child's pop-up play tent carried backpack style. It didn't exactly pack down small so there was a good foot of it sticking out into the headwind on either side of my body.

a lidl bicycle workstand

Done that as well.

Chris S

Legendary Member
I've carried a growbag on mine. If anything the bike was more stable.

growbag.JPG

Top Bottom