What will the long term effects of the virus? Will something never be the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I am not sure where you get head scarf from. I am talking about veils. Including veils where you cannot even see the woman's eyes. Even covering there hands with black gloves. There is no choic it is oppression end of story.

Not all Muslim women see it this way.

But I'm not going to bother discussing it further, especially not with someone who signs off with

"End of story"

Such arrogance

Are you a Muslim woman?
Even if you were, would you dare to speak for all of them.

It's not something within my 'cultural realm' or that I fully comprehend myself.

So therefore I've tried to investigate further.
Whereas you've clearly made up your mind based on what, I don't know.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
They serve another purpose as well. That being to protect the staff, on the tills/checkout, from irate members of the public. Best demonstrated in recent weeks since stores introduced limits on the amounts that could be bought.
Still don't see them staying there as they wouldn't stop anyone getting irate and probably still being able to get at the assistant.
The screens in my local Lidl wouldn't offer any protection from aggressive customers. Each is a single sheet of transparent plastic stuck to the side of the checkout with double-sided sticky tape!

I spotted one checkout with the screen missing. The sticky tape was there but the screen wasn't. Either it just fell off, or some irate customer tore it away before launching an attack... :whistle:

OP
OP
N

Notafettler

Not all Muslim women see it this way.

But I'm not going to bother discussing it further, especially not with someone who signs off with

"End of story"

Such arrogance

Are you a Muslim woman?
Even if you were, would you dare to speak for all of them.

It's not something within my 'cultural realm' or that I fully comprehend myself.

So therefore I've tried to investigate further.
Whereas you've clearly made up your mind based on what, I don't know.
I have made my mind up based on facts. The way Muslim women are forced to dress.
"Not all Muslim women see it that way" so some do?
You are clearly happy with Muslim women being subjugated by me because......it is politically correct thing to do?

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I have made my mind up based on facts. The way Muslim women are forced to dress.
"Not all Muslim women see it that way" so some do?
You are clearly happy with Muslim women being subjugated by me because......it is politically correct thing to do?

Sorry - are you subjugating Muslim women ??

If so - no i'm not happy about that and i don't see how you draw the inference that i might be -
-I don't quite follow the thread of your argument.

I don't think anyone should be 'forced' to wear or not wear things - some are 'forced' yes and that's wrong - and some make a choice - but we can't always tell just by looking which is choice.

OP
OP
N

Notafettler

Sorry - are you subjugating Muslim women ??

If so - no i'm not happy about that and i don't see how you draw the inference that i might be -
-I don't quite follow the thread of your argument.

I don't think anyone should be 'forced' to wear or not wear things - some are 'forced' yes and that's wrong - and some make a choice - but we can't always tell just by looking which is choice.
Wearing clothing like that is subjugation. How can you possibly think that covering your entire body including your face and even your eyes is anything other than subjugation. Why would any human being dress like that other than when being physically forced to or being brainwashed into it. Supporting it says a lot about you and your moral values.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Wearing clothing like that is subjugation. How can you possibly think that covering your entire body including your face and even your eyes is anything other than subjugation. Why would any human being dress like that other than when being physically forced to or being brainwashed into it. Supporting it says a lot about you and your moral values.

You're putting words into my mouth - drawing conclusions about other peoples behaviour based on your opinions not facts - and then calling into question my moral values based upon your made up suppositions.

Personally I think that says more about your own prejudices, than anything else.

Its not nearly so simple a situation as you are laying out - and the fact that you think it is - only demonstrates how little you've explored the issue.

If you can't manage to read a whole book try this short clip.

View: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-45127304/muslim-women-discuss-wearing-the-veil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom