What will you miss about Covid?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
I will also miss the sense of community and togetherness of Lockdown1, although that is less evident in Lockdown2.

I always felt that was engineered by those that rule us. The Blitz spirit was evoked and we were told to clap for the NHS once a week.

As many health care workers have said, they don't need clapping and pan bashing, they need money and investment to fix a creaking healthcare system.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
I will miss the absence of rampant consumerism during the first couple of months.

The queues at Primark following the June easing of restrictions tells us all there is wrong our buy, buy society.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Quieter roads

Quieter skies

More personal space given, when out and about.

Quieter in shops (masks)

Turns out I enjoy teaching on Zoom, but I can continue doing so after lock down ends.

And appreciation that supplies (and suppliers) of fresh food, might be a thing to appreciate in your locality.

my Wife will miss me not making out with random women

Brandane

Legendary Member
I will miss not having to find excuses to be an anti-social grumpy b*stard :laugh:.

I will also miss the quieter roads; not having to listen to bollox about other people's wonderful holidays; saving some cash due to lack of spending opportunities; being able to walk the dog through town on weekend nights without being bothered by drunken idiots out "enjoying" themselves; and probably a few other things if I really set my mind to it. It has been something of a leveller of people and made some sit up and realise that material things mean not a lot. They might have finally realised they are not immortal and that without your health you have nothing.

Top Bottom