What will you miss about Covid?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If all these things that people say they miss are taken in isolation then I can see their point.

But unfortunately they come as part of a package, which has nothing at all good about it.

I will miss absolutely nothing about this pandemic because I am an adult with a sense of perspective.

Last edited:

stephec

Legendary Member
OK, challenge on..

I'm going to go there, and find something nice to say about it..

Where is it again ??
Good luck with that.

Years ago, when the big Tesco extra opened there, I happened to be working in a factory just up the road that makes burgers for McDonald's.

Discussing it's opening with a bloke working next to me he said, 'they're all excited round here now that they can buy a pair of jeans for £4.00.' 😄

Good luck with that.

Years ago, when the big Tesco extra opened there, I happened to be working in a factory just up the road that makes burgers for McDonald's.

Discussing it's opening with a bloke working next to me he said, 'they're all excited round here now that they can buy a pair of jeans for £4.00.' 😄
You live in Bolton?

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Two things
1. Finding out (collectively, as a department) how many people really need to attend an A&E:whistle:

During the first outbreak we sometimes saw 30 patients a day, that were non Covid related
Prior to it, we averaged 70 in the department at once....

2. Realising who really needed to travel, during my 'allowed exercise', one route took me over the M62, on an occupation bridge, between jcts 31 (Normanton/Castleford) & 32 (Castleford/'Xscape'/Pontefract

Both are looking west
Before..
Sunday 12th January @ 13:19

View attachment 557822

After
Tuesday 28th April @ 11:32
Slightly further east on the M62, the 'off-slip to the (new) A1, is on the right
The blue signs are for jct 32
View attachment 557823
Nice bike! :okay: I have disc break envy,even though i don't cycle these days.:sad:

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Why do you think there's a c*** in Scunthorpe? :laugh:
The place doesn’t deserve this. Britain owes the place much for the steel it’s people produced.
People like Olympic cyclist Lal White
1605245943281.jpeg

Scunthorpe, like many industrial centres, became a monotown. Steel, steel, steel. It has been mined and exhausted, and wears its history for all to see.
Definitely worth a visit, like anywhere else. For the discerning eye, there is plenty.

Julia9054

Guru
I'm sleeping a lot better. Because all my evening music stuff is cancelled, I am going to bed early as watching telly all evening is soooo dull.
Although, work is currently stressful and bonkers so I'm still knackered!

mustang1

Guru
Feels like air is cleaner.
Less crowded (roads and shops).
A greater appreciation of living your life (I see this quickly going back to the rat race once this is all over).

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
The place doesn’t deserve this. Britain owes the place much for the steel it’s people produced.
People like Olympic cyclist Lal White View attachment 557886
Scunthorpe, like many industrial centres, became a monotown. Steel, steel, steel. It has been mined and exhausted, and wears its history for all to see.
Definitely worth a visit, like anywhere else. For the discerning eye, there is plenty.

Look at those bars..

And biceps!!

I'd want him on my arm wrestling team.

OK Scunny is going to be at the start of my next 'Northern Tour' just to defy the haters..

There's bound to be a train there.

And a route out..

Drago

Legendary Member
His biceps aren't much, but he has some serious delt action going on there. I din't know what else he may have done but id guess a lotmof lifting and carrying were involved.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
His biceps aren't much, but he has some serious delt action going on there. I din't know what else he may have done but id guess a lotmof lifting and carrying were involved.

This is true.

He's off the team now.

If all these things that people say they miss are taken in isolation then I can see their point.

But unfortunately they come as part of a package, which has nothing at all good about it.

I will miss absolutely nothing about this pandemic because I am an adult with a sense of perspective.
Some (including adults) use the term Silver Lining. You should try using it, it can be quite cheery.

If you don't do cheery, more fool you. It's Friday, I've no time for Eeyores.

Top Bottom