What will you miss about Covid?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I'll miss not having the commute. Although on the up side, I'll be able to work from home more. Even if it's just a Friday - that will be a positive as management were dead against home working - now the whole Department of around 100 are working from home.

Fingers crossed people might be a bit cleaner ! I'm in such a routine now when shopping with hand sanitiser. Always carry some with me, even on the bike now (I had to fix someone's bike in Lockdown 1 whilst I was on the road).

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Look at those bars..

And biceps!!

I'd want him on my arm wrestling team.

OK Scunny is going to be at the start of my next 'Northern Tour' just to defy the haters..

There's bound to be a train there.

And a route out..
Those bars were straight about 12 seconds before the picture. The photographer asked him to move back so he could fit the handlebars into the frame - he didn't want to move back, so fixed it a different way :smile:

gavgav

Guru
Absolutely f*** all. Have spent the last 9 months and many more to come, working with the stress of it all in the NHS, unable to see friends and family as much as I want, unable to travel where I wanted to, basically the whole lot.

Cycling has basically got me through it, so far

Oooooh; get you Mr Oozing Positivity :laugh:.
I've got no time for people sticking their heads in the sand and pretending it's not raining in the middle of a downpour. Please see my avatar!
Keep your rain to yourself!

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Absolutely f*** all. Have spent the last 9 months and many more to come, working with the stress of it all in the NHS, unable to see friends and family as much as I want, unable to travel where I wanted to, basically the whole lot.

Cycling has basically got me through it, so far

Absolutely, I could not agree more. I don't know where I would be without my bike and my cycling buddies.

In the depths of depression probably. I ran out of things to do 3-4 weeks ago, without cycling it would have been months earlier.

Is it possible that some of the 40 people out of the 70 who didn't attend A&E should have?
Are you saying that on average more than 50% of people attending A&E are wasting your precious time?

'Wasting' may be the wrong wording, but they could be treated elsewhere? (Chemist/walk-in centre/GP)

Granted, this is an extreme example, but others like @MarkF could also supply anecdotes
https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co...erfields-hospital-ae-broken-fingernail-632237

Equally, I'm not sure where you are, but some of our local Ambos (Yorkshire Ambulance Service) carry posters that carry a wrap stating (maybe better wording)
'You Don't Call The CoastGuard, When You Slip In A Puddle
Think Before You Call An Ambulance'

classic33

Leg End Member
'Wasting' may be the wrong wording, but they could be treated elsewhere? (Chemist/walk-in centre/GP)

Granted, this is an extreme example, but others like @MarkF could also supply anecdotes
https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co...erfields-hospital-ae-broken-fingernail-632237

Equally, I'm not sure where you are, but some of our local Ambos (Yorkshire Ambulance Service) carry posters that carry a wrap stating (maybe better wording)
'You Don't Call The CoastGuard, When You Slip In A Puddle
Think Before You Call An Ambulance'
I've been in A&E when that has been done. She'd cut one nail too short, it hurt, so she went to A&E, because she was going out that night.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I may also miss quite a bit of my savings - the whole house needs decorating and new carpets, but I can't get anyone in at the moment to sort this out. Once things open up, I'm going to have to spend a load of money...

Top Bottom