what would be classed as a good time for 10 miles??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Young Un

Your already doing 20-22 minutes, and on a borrowed bike, mate that is very impressive!!

Radius

SHREDDER
Those are great times! I don't think you really need to be 'into' it that much, but it could be a conversation starter at events, and it could help with motivation (not that it looks like you need it, but you could have an 'idol' or something like that), and understanding of tactics etc...

OP
OP
I

iwanttoridebike

Radius said:
Those are great times! I don't think you really need to be 'into' it that much, but it could be a conversation starter at events, and it could help with motivation (not that it looks like you need it, but you could have an 'idol' or something like that), and understanding of tactics etc...

To be honest the person i admire most with cycling is mark beaumont , but thats nothing to do with the type of cycling i like lol

I also have read alot about graeme obree , i do tend to watch abit during the olympics aswell but not alot.

I definetly need an understanding or the sport all round though , i just feel clueless to the whole cycling world. I was kind of embarressed to post on here at first because of that.

iwanttoridebike said:
i just feel clueless to the whole cycling world. I was kind of embarressed to post on here at first because of that.
Don't confuse knowing about something with being good at it. Those times are pretty serious! If you joined a club then you'd probably be caning most of the field in their 10 mile TTs. If the club is any good then they'll do their best to help you improve.

OP
OP
I

iwanttoridebike

Chuffy said:
Don't confuse knowing about something with being good at it. Those times are pretty serious! If you joined a club then you'd probably be caning most of the field in their 10 mile TTs. If the club is any good then they'll do their best to help you improve.

I did contact a club and they seem keen to get me along , i however as above do not feel greatly confident. not having my own bike yet doesnt help matters , but i should have that sorted soon.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
You might find someone at the club can advise on bikes/kit and training- most clubs have a few TT experts. Someone might even have a bike for sale- bikes often change hands at my club anyway.

OP
OP
I

iwanttoridebike

palinurus said:
You might find someone at the club can advise on bikes/kit and training- most clubs have a few TT experts. Someone might even have a bike for sale- bikes often change hands at my club anyway.

If i go , that is what i will do

Thanks

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Perhaps you should bypass the usual route and go straight for the British championships.

Radius

SHREDDER
rich p said:
I could be wrong and apologise in advance if I'm wrong but this sounds all a bit ;)-ish to me

I was fairly surprised when he said 20 minutes! Still, never know, and yes apologies in advance if we're putting a downer on the next David Millar ;)

Radius

SHREDDER
Not at all, if you're genuine then it's very exciting to have a clearly talented cyclist on our forum, and we'd like to see how you get on when you get more competitive!!

Top Bottom