what would be classed as a good time for 10 miles??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sorry but I really don't believe you're doing 20, 21's on a standard (borrowed) road bike after four weeks training. I'm not saying you don't honestly think you are but that the computers wrong or something like that. Where are you based? Just turn up at a local club 10, pay your couple of quid and see how you do. If your times really are correct you'll probably win.

OP
OP
I

iwanttoridebike

Dave Davenport said:
Sorry but I really don't believe you're doing 20, 21's on a standard (borrowed) road bike after four weeks training. I'm not saying you don't honestly think you are but that the computers wrong or something like that. Where are you based? Just turn up at a local club 10, pay your couple of quid and see how you do. If your times really are correct you'll probably win.

Well i will just see how i do and sort out my video camera to take with me.

one thing i did forget to say , previous 4 months to that i did use my trixter xbike & my reebok i bike everyday , Sometimes for up to 3 hours in a day.

OP
OP
I

iwanttoridebike

Will1985 said:
If you can honestly do a 21 on a standard road bike after such a short time, you should be touting yourself to the best, as it puts you just 2 minutes off the Old Skool record (no aero equipment).

Get yourself (in this order): a coach and power meter, tribars, aero helmet, deep section front and a rear disc - you'll be doing 19s in no time.

In the meantime, I want to see what the reaction would be if you go over onto timetriallingforum and ask there...

Its not a bad bike , it cost him just over £1000

OP
OP
I

iwanttoridebike

I start off at a reasonable pace and up it after the 1st mile , i start to feel it at around mile 6. At mile 7 i up it again and then again at mile 8 and really start feeling it and then mile 9 i beast the hell out of myself. Sonetimes i start the mile 9 up at mile 8.

Probably not th ebest tactics , but thats how i do it.

iwanttoridebike said:
Well i will just see how i do and sort out my video camera to take with me.

one thing i did forget to say , previous 4 months to that i did use my trixter xbike & my reebok i bike everyday , Sometimes for up to 3 hours in a day.

No need for the video, just tell us where, when & your time. If you do manage a long 20/short 21 you'd definetley crack 20 minutes on a full on time trial rig and with some proper coaching and training ought to be aiming for the national championships.

Where are you based? We have a club ten this Sunday you'd be welcome at.

Will1985

Über Member
You'll quickly learn that £1000 is average for a carbon road bike and nothing for a time trial bike. The top testers ride £2k frames, with a £1k+ disc and equally expensive front wheel. That isn't even including the groupset! It's all about position and aerodynamics which are harder to achieve on a road bike.

By the end of this season, we'll have a better idea about where we stand compared to the greats of yesteryear with Ian Cammish's Old Skool series. There is money up to beat the 18:48 and 49:24 records set by Sturgess and Engers respectively.

Mortiroloboy

Will1985 said:
You'll quickly learn that £1000 is average for a carbon road bike and nothing for a time trial bike. The top testers ride £2k frames, with a £1k+ disc and equally expensive front wheel. That isn't even including the groupset! It's all about position and aerodynamics which are harder to achieve on a road bike.

By the end of this season, we'll have a better idea about where we stand compared to the greats of yesteryear with Ian Cammish's Old Skool series. There is money up to beat the 18:48 and 49:24 records set by Sturgess and Engers respectively.

We had a blokey show at our season opener name of Paul Engers, when at the sign on he was asked by the time keeper "Oh, Engers, are you related then? the guy just mumble "sort of".

a_n_t

you dont just go from doing 29's to 20's! i reckon that would take a few years of serious training. So what was the timescale?

allen-uk

Two thoughts.

1) Unless you're riding on a race-track (no stops or slow-downs), then if you're averaging 30mph you must be touching 40 or 45mph in places. Wow. Watch out for speed cameras.

2) Any chance you're confusing miles with kilometres? 10 kilometres in 20 minutes would still be impressive, just not to the point of fantasy.

A.

Top Bottom