what would be classed as a good time for 10 miles??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I'd check the bike's computer first - i.e. is it calibrated right as that can mess things up as either slower or faster.

If you are doing a 20 for a ten then that's field winning speed depending upon a course - it's 30 mph. A 21 used to win many Cheshire courses when I did a very short 23...

I know you've had some knocking, but first check your computer, then I'd go and find a local 10 course and ride it yourself - it's marked on the roads. Best bet is get out with a club.

OP
OP
I

iwanttoridebike

fossyant said:
I'd check the bike's computer first - i.e. is it calibrated right as that can mess things up as either slower or faster.

If you are doing a 20 for a ten then that's field winning speed depending upon a course - it's 30 mph. A 21 used to win many Cheshire courses when I did a very short 23...

I know you've had some knocking, but first check your computer, then I'd go and find a local 10 course and ride it yourself - it's marked on the roads. Best bet is get out with a club.

i already use the local clubs 10 mile route either early morning or late evening as i got the route off their website.

I am hoping to order the Quintana roo kilo 2008 or something similar. I need to get some extra money but it will be worth the extra wait.

i will come back when i have something to back me up , even if it means getting a video camera strapped to me and uploading it on to youtube!!!!!

Bongman said:
hey, iwanttoridebike I believe you. Even if they dont! :ohmy:

What bike have you borrowed?
And do tell us the cc...:evil:

No really, those are damn good times. I'd like to believe you, but you have to understand, it's a bit like a chap going on an athletics forum and saying "I'm doing 100 metres in 10sec on borrowed spikes. Is this fast?"

dodgy

I've read the threads that "iwanttoridebike" has posted in, and while there might have been some gentle ribbing, I fail to see why he's so upset and wants his profile removing (whatever that means).
I've got no reason to take his timings as posted, I couldn't care less if he's fast or slow to be honest, but really, grow a pair.

use some fecking capital letters and folk might take you seriouser.

OP
OP
I

iwanttoridebike

mickle said:
use some fecking capital letters and folk might take you seriouser.

well i might take you more seriously if you used words in a sentence that actually existed.

I think what you were looking for is "use some fecking capital letters and folk might take you more seriously"

I highlighted it for you just incase!

Will1985

Über Member
If you can honestly do a 21 on a standard road bike after such a short time, you should be touting yourself to the best, as it puts you just 2 minutes off the Old Skool record (no aero equipment).

Get yourself (in this order): a coach and power meter, tribars, aero helmet, deep section front and a rear disc - you'll be doing 19s in no time.

In the meantime, I want to see what the reaction would be if you go over onto timetriallingforum and ask there...

allen-uk

Well, my grandpa Charlie was doing 32m in 1890, as you can see on the pic of one of his medals, below. And anyone who says he didn't will have to dig him up first if they want to make something of it...

Love etc.,

Allen.

1890.jpg

allen-uk said:
Well, my grandpa Charlie was doing 32m in 1890, as you can see on the pic of one of his medals, below. And anyone who says he didn't will have to dig him up first if they want to make something of it...

Love etc.,

Allen.

1890.jpg

Wow, that's impressive, puts things in perspective.

Top Bottom