What would you do?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
A Cyclist

A Cyclist

Über Member
This depends on the size of the organisation. If you work for a 10 man band then yes I agree entirely, loyalty is an important factor to the employer (and should be returned by the way). If you work for a large organisation loyalty doesn't come into it. I work for UK Gov and I know that they have no loyalty to me whatsoever and so likewise I offer none to them. My bosses know that any offer that overcomes my natural inertia will be taken.

mine is a large organisation, therefore I am not sure if the loyalty will be reciprocated.

OP
OP
A Cyclist

A Cyclist

Über Member
Yeah, he's looking for a new job.
I wish him the best.

martint235

Dog on a bike
mine is a large organisation, therefore I am not sure if the loyalty will be reciprocated.
Job done to me then. Stop worrying about any sense of loyalty etc and do what's best for you. It's now up to you how much it would take to prise you away and play them against each other (although with large organisations there is often little scope for this)

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I was approached by them.
Second thought... since they want you there will be good reasons why so you may as well take advantage of their goodwill and go for it.

Third thought... conversely they could be cynically wanting to get one over on their competitors by poaching their best staff so, is their offer a realistic one which they will honour rather than employ you for 6 months then make you redundant? ... as happened to a colleague when he was head-hunted by a building contractor.

Top Bottom