What would you do??

Would you pull over and let the traffic go by in this situation?

• No,why should I

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
On a route i ride quite a lot there is a long winding uphill section on an unclassified road where cars cannot safely overtake a cyclist , About halfway up there is a layby if traffic is building up behind i usually pull in and ride as slow as I can along the layby or stop briefly to let the road clear.

This is often rewarded with friendly waves or toots of thanks , hopefully I have spread a little goodwill on the road.(I must admit I am glad of the rest :rolleyes: ) Am I too soft or would others do the same?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
So do I.

Not only because it is courteous, but who the hell wants to be worrying about a car sitting on their arse while they're grinding their way up a climb.

BSRU

A Human Being
I would pull in as well.

I think the Highway Code states you should pull in certain circumstances, also applies to cars towing caravans and slow farm vehicles.

Count me in for being a good boy...:-)

Plodder

Voted Yes, everytime. Not only is it polite but it's much safer to pull in. I would feel pretty uneasy (but this comes from a driver doing 45,000+ miles a year) as a single individual holding up a queue of traffic which may have 5, 10, 20 or whatever number of people, including professional drivers needing to be there to earn a living.

Anyway, you would expect a tractor to pull in and offer the same courtesy, yet he is working and cyclists aren't (unless you're a bike courier, bike tester etc!).

ThePainInSpain

Completely the right thing to do.

In California it is law that you must pull in if more than 5 vehicles are queued behind you.

Here in Spain there is no such law, so the moron tractor and JCB drivers trundle along main roads with sometimes over 2kms of vehicles behind them. I'm sure they do it on purpose.

It's actually very dangerous because drivers who have been stuck behind, trundling along a 15kmph, start to take risks in overtaking.

The roads in question have very few passing places but loads of places to pull in.

So well done to you, and anyone else who shows consideration for other road users.

Top Bottom