What would you do??

Would you pull over and let the traffic go by in this situation?

• No,why should I

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Banjo

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Nice to see so many taking the considerate option. Personally its not just courtesy , I really dont want them squeezing past a bit further on.

My original post was inspired by someone I ride with now and then (not a cyclechatter) who rarely ever shows any consideration and embarrases me quite frankly.I like the guys company but cant be doing with the attitude.

Wobblers

Euthermic
Pull in. It's simple consideration. When it comes down to it, a 15 second breather is worth it just to avoid the stress of having a procession of cars hovering at your back wheel. Plus the responses are usually very positive.

On a route i ride quite a lot there is a long winding uphill section on an unclassified road where cars cannot safely overtake a cyclist , About halfway up there is a layby if traffic is building up behind i usually pull in and ride as slow as I can along the layby or stop briefly to let the road clear.

This is often rewarded with friendly waves or toots of thanks , hopefully I have spread a little goodwill on the road.(I must admit I am glad of the rest :rolleyes: ) Am I too soft or would others do the same?

If there a safe spot to pull in; I tend to use it too, rather than having a wound up motorist wound up tighter or wind up somebody who otherwise would be OK; most folk round here don't appreciate it though but its always nice when they do. I must admit though that occaisionally I get a muppet who can't wait that 2metres till I get to the layby after all I forced them to brake once :rolleyes: ; I'm instantly suppose to bunny hop into the ditch :rolleyes: and I'm less inclined to pull quickly out of their way :rolleyes:

asterix

Comrade Member
That would be the only situtation where I might wave cars past. Simply because they wouldn't have to pull across the central line.

As for gratitude, once on a straight, flat road I'd had a lorry snorting behind me so pulled over and the sod passed as close as possible, deliberately without a doubt. Guess his attitude explains why he was driving a crappy skip-lorry and not for a class outfit.

C

chillyuk

I would pull over, and often do, especially if being followed by a lorry or a bus. It helps to avoid conflict and keeps traffic flowing.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I'd get out of the saddle and go for it. Not only would I leave the cars for dead, they'd be blinded by the sun shining out of my arse.

OP
OP
Banjo

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I'd get out of the saddle and go for it. Not only would I leave the cars for dead, they'd be blinded by the sun shining out of my arse.

I often wondered why car drivers behind me are allways pulling their sunvisors down :biggrin: . Obvious really.

Good manners ...and an excuse for a breather :tongue:

+1
biggrin.gif

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Pull over ,, who would want a car sat right behind you all the way ,,what grates me is when there is plenty of room to overtake and yet some drivers sit and wait , and wait ,and wait ,, i have before now stopped and waved them past as the last thing you want is someone with no judgment of gaps and in my opinion a danger to everyone holding a long queue up behind them

Top Bottom